Modeling Regulatory Compliance in Requirements Engineering
A large and rapidly growing number of laws is impacting software systems world-wide. For each one of them, software designers need to ensure that their system, new or legacy, complies with the law. Establishing compliance requires the ability to identify which laws are applicable, what are the different ways to comply, and whether given requirements for a software system comply. In this short paper we give an overview of ongoing work on Nòmos 3, a modelling language tailored to modelling laws and requirements. Nòmos 3 models can be translated into a formal specification that supports automated compliance analysis.
KeywordsRequirement engineering regulatory compliance modeling language
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Breaux, T.D., Vail, M.W., Antón, A.I.: Towards Regulatory Compliance: Extracting Rights and Obligations to Align Requirements with Regulations. In: IEEE Conf. Req. Eng. – RE 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Darimont, R., Lemoine, M.: Goal-oriented analysis of regulations. In: ReMo2V, held at CAiSE 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ghanavati, S., Amyot, D., Peyton, L.: Towards a framework for tracking legal compliance in healthcare. In: Krogstie, J., Opdahl, A.L., Sindre, G. (eds.) CAiSE 2007. LNCS, vol. 4495, pp. 218–232. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Ingolfo, S., Jureta, I., Siena, A., Perini, A., Susi, A., Mylopoulos, J.: Nòmos 3: Legal compliance of roles and requirements. In: ER 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Maxwell, J., Anton, A.: Developing production rule models to aid in acquiring requirements from legal texts. In: RE 2009, pp. 101–110 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Singh, M.P.: Norms as a basis for governing sociotechnical systems. ACM Trans. Intell. Syst. Technol. 5(1), 21:1–21:23 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Yu, E.: Towards modelling and reasoning support for early-phase requirements engineering. In: Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Requirements Engineering, RE 1997, pp. 226–235 (January 1997)Google Scholar