Off the Beaten Track! The Infinite Scotland Serious Game Design Approach
In this article, we discuss the development of the Infinite Scotland Facebook serious game. The Infinite Scotland serious game was supported by the Scottish National Heritage, Creative Scotland and Creative Services Scotland in order to promote the links between biological and cultural diversity in Scotland. To engage a younger demographic, Infinite Scotland developed a knowledge-based, puzzle-centric serious game for a social media platform (Facebook); projecting the links between biodiversity and cultural diversity via player exploration and competitive gameplay. In this article, we describe our motivations for conducting the work, discuss the game design in detail, and finally speak about the implementation and development of Infinite Scotland.
KeywordsSerious Game Cultural Heritage Infinite Scotland Reinforcement Learning Social Media
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Scottish National Heritage, http://www.snh.gov.uk/
- 2.Creative Scotland, http://www.creativescotland.com/
- 3.Creative Services Scotland, http://www.creativeservicesscotland.co.uk/
- 4.Heriot-Watt University, MACS Digital Storylab, http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/cs/digitalstorylab/
- 5.Adobe Air, http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html
- 6.Gamua, http://gamua.com/
- 7.Starling, http://gamua.com/starling/
- 8.Flox, http://gamua.com/flox/
- 10.Infinite Scotland, http://infinite-scotland.com/