Tiling of Satellite Images to Capture an Island Object
This study proposes a novel tiling approach to capture an image of an entire object. Multi-spectral and multi-temporal satellite images are obtained a priori, and these individual image pieces can then be joined together at a later date to form an image of the entire object. The effectiveness of the proposed technique has been studied by tiling partially overlapping satellite mosaic images of the Island of Cyprus. The images were captured by the recently-launched LandSat-8 satellite.
KeywordsSatellite image tiling image mosaicking LandSat-8 lighten method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Lee, S.R.: A coarse-to-fine approach for remote-sensing image registration based on a local method. International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems 3, 690–702 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.El-Rube, I., Sharkas, M., Salman, A., Salem, A.: Automatic Selection of Control Points for Remote Sensing Image Registration Based on Multi-Scale SIFT. In: International Conference on Signal, Image Processing and Applications (SIA), vol. 21, pp. 46–50. IACSIT Press, Chennai (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Manera, J.F., Rodrigez, L., Delrieux, C., Coppo, R.: Aerial image acquisition and processing for remote sensing. Journal of Computer Science & Technology 10, 97–103 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Sayar, A., Eken, S., Mert, U.: Registering landsat-8 mosaic images: A case study on the Marmara Sea. In: Processing of 10th International Conference on Electronics, Computer and Computation (ICECCO), Ankara, Turkey, pp. 375–377 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Davis, M.H., Khotanzad, A., Flaming, D.P.: 3D image matching using radial basis function neural network. In: Processing of WCNN 1996: World Congress on Neural Networks, pp. 1174–1179 (1996)Google Scholar
- 14.Sabisch, T., Ferguson, A., Bolouri, H.: Automatic registration of complex images using a self organizing neural system. In: Proc. of 1998 Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, pp. 165–170 (1998)Google Scholar
- 20.Sharma, S., Tuli, H., Nagar, S., Dhir, T., Tayal, S.: Using Self-Organizing Neural Network for Image Mosaicing. Advanced Applications of Electrical Engineering, pp. 76–80 (2009)Google Scholar