Uncertainties in Models of Stellar Structure and Evolution
Numerous physical aspects of stellar physics have been presented in Session 2 and the underlying uncertainties have been tentatively assessed. We try here to highlight some specific points raised after the talks and during the general discussion at the end of the session and eventually at the end of the workshop. A table of model uncertainties is then drawn with the help of the participants in order to give the state of the art in stellar modeling uncertainties as of July 2013.
KeywordsGlobular Cluster Stellar Model Helium Abundance Convective Core Extreme Horizontal Branch
- Gabriel, M., Noels, A., Montalbán, J., & Miglio, A. 2014, A&A (submitted)Google Scholar
- Grevesse, N. & Noels, A. 1993, in Origin and Evolution of the Elements, ed. N. Prantzos, E. Vangioni-Flam, & M. Casse, 15–25Google Scholar
- Ludwig, H.-G. & Salaries, M. 1999, in Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series, Vol. 173, Stellar Structure: Theory and Test of Connective Energy Transport, ed. A. Gimenez, E. F. Guinan, & B. Montesinos, 229Google Scholar
- Montalbán, J. & Noels, A. 2013, in European Physical Journal Web of Conferences, Vol. 43, European Physical Journal Web of Conferences, 3002Google Scholar
- Schwarzschild, M. 1958, Structure and evolution of the stars. (Princeton University Press)Google Scholar