The APOKASC Catalog
I report on the APOKASC catalog, a joint effort between the Kepler Asteroseismic Science Consortium and the SDSS-III APOGEE spectroscopic survey. It will contain both seismic and spectroscopic values for stars observed by both surveys. I discuss the derivation of spectroscopic parameters and their uncertainties from the H-band spectra delivered by the APOGEE spectrograph, illustrating the sensitivity of stellar spectra to some parameters, such as Teff, and lack of sensitivity to others, such as logg.
KeywordsStellar Population Cluster Star Spectroscopic Parameter Seismic Parameter Stellar Parameter
A special thank you to Courtney Epstein, for her tireless work on targeting seismic sources in APOGEE and on gathering all the data into the catalog. And thank you to everyone who measured parameters for thousands of stars, no small task!
- Garcia Perez, A. et al., in preparationGoogle Scholar
- Majewski, S. R., Wilson, J. C., Hearty, F., Schiavon, R. R., & Skrutskie, M. F. 2010, in IAU Symposium, Vol. 265, IAU Symposium, ed. K. Cunha, M. Spite, & B. Barbuy, 480–481Google Scholar
- Nidever, D. et al. 2014, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- Pinsonneault, M., Elsworth, Y., & Epstein, C. 2014, ApJS, in pressGoogle Scholar
- Zasowski, G. et al. 2014, in preparationGoogle Scholar