A Web-Based Practice Teaching System in Collaboration with Enterprise
It is very important for undergraduate students to learn how to apply the theoretical knowledge to the practical business work. However, the widening gap between the engineering education and the real-world has always been existing. The CDIO(Conceive, Design, Implement and Operate) method is aiming at filling the gap and enables students to take the initiative, practical, integrated way to learn engineering courses based on the complete product lifecycle. The students can study from the initial concept, product development, manufacturing, until the sale and service process. In order to practice the concept of CDIO, a collaboration-based practice teaching mode is presented in this paper. The architecture of web-based practice teaching in collaboration with enterprise and a construction scheme of web-based teaching management system for engineering training are proposed. System architecture and system functions are given. Finally, the implementation and the application examples of this system are described.
Keywordsengineering training collaboration-based mode web-based management platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Worldwide CDIO Initiative, http://www.cdio.org
- 2.Lu, Y.P., Zha, J.Z.: Diversified Classes: Practice Teaching Method in Engineering Education Originated from Foreign Countries. Research in Higher Education of Engineering (6), 137–141 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Gu, P.H., Bao, N.S.: CDIO in China. Research in Higher Education of Engineering (3), 24–39 (2012) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, H.Y., Gai, Y.X., Xu, N.: Exploration of CDIO Model for Engineering Education in China. Research and Exploration in Laboratory 30(7), 106–110 (2011) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Lu, H.: CDIO-Based Teaching Mode for Training Mechanical Engineer. Research and Practice on Higher Education 32(3), 32–35 (2013) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Cao, H.P., Guan, T.H.: Reform and Practice of Electrical and Electronic Practice Teaching Based on the CDIO Concept. Research in Higher Education of Engineering 32(1), 140–142 (2013) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Lv, Q.W., Cao, L., Li, Y.N., Chen, W.F.: Research on CDIO-based Teaching Mode for Training Composite Software Engineer. Higher Education Exploration (1), 71–76 (2013) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, Y.L., Wang, H.F.: Key Technologies and System Implementation of Distributed Collaborative Product Design & Manufacturing. Engineering Design 9(2), 53–59 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, P., Wang, J., Chen, S.P.: Design and Implementation of Web-based learning management system. China Educational Technology 277, 115–118 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Meng, X.J., Zhang, X.: Enterprise integration platform framework based on Web services. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems 14(5), 891–897 (2008) (in Chinese)Google Scholar