Graphical User Interface for the Singularity Analysis of Lower-Mobility Parallel Manipulators
In this paper, a new graphical user interface is developed for the singularity analysis of lower-mobility parallel manipulators. The algorithm used for this tool is based upon the Grassmann-Cayley Algebra in addition to the concept of wrench graph to provide a simplified expression of the superbracket decomposition. Then, using the appropriate geometric incidences, the superbracket expression will be transformed into a geometric statement characterizing the singularity conditions of the manipulators. In this graphical user interface, useful options are introduced to better guide the user in the formulation of the superbracket and the interpretation of the singularities.
KeywordsSingularity Parallel manipulators Grassmann-Cayley algebra Graphical-user interface
- 1.Amine S, Caro S, Wenger P, Kanaan D (2012) Singularity analysis of the H4 robot using Grassmann-Cayley Algebra. Robotica 30(7):1109–1118Google Scholar
- 2.Ben-horin P, Shoham M, Caro S, Chablat D, Wenger P (2008) SINGULAB-graphical user interface for the singularity analysis of parallel robots based on Grassmann-Cayley Algebra. In: (ed) Advances in robot kinematics: analysis and design, Springer, Netherlands, pp 49–58Google Scholar
- 3.Kanaan D, Wenger P, Caro S, Chablat D (2009) Singularity analysis of lower-mobility parallel manipulators using Grassmann-Cayley algebra. IEEE Trans Robot 25:995–1004Google Scholar
- 4.White NL (1991) Multilinear Cayley factorization. J Symbolic Comput 11:421–438Google Scholar
- 5.Tsai LW (1996) Kinematics of a three-DOF platform with three extensible limbs. In: Lenarcic J, Parenti-Castelli V (eds) Recent advances in robot kinematics, pp 401–410Google Scholar