Kinematics Analysis and Verification on the Novel Reconfigurable Ankle Rehabilitation Robot Based on Parallel Mechanism
This paper proposes a novel reconfigurable ankle rehabilitation robot based on parallel mechanism. The proposed robot is composed of the linear actuators, reconfigurable mechanism, connecting rods, rockers and the moving platform. Then, the kinematic characteristics analysis for the proposed robot is given. The function relationships between the moving platform and the actuators are obtained. Furthermore, the verification for this novel reconfigurable robot is completed by wireless movement capture instrument, and the results show that the prototype ankle rehabilitation robot can meet the motion needed for the ankle rehabilitation.
KeywordsAnkle rehabilitation robot Reconfigurable mechanism Kinematics Motion trajectory
The authors wish to thank Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51275092) for funding the researches.
- 3.Dai JS, Zoppi M, Kong XW (2012) Advances in reconfigurable mechanisms and Robots I. Springer, London/Heidelberg, pp v–viiiGoogle Scholar
- 6.Pan LQ, Shen XD (2010) Robotics technology in the instrumentation of traditional Chinese medicine treatment. Technol Appl Robots 10:28–30Google Scholar
- 8.Saglia JA, Tsagarakis NG, Dai JS et al (2009) A high performance 2-dof over-actuated parallel mechanism for ankle rehabilitation. In: IEEE international conference on robotics and automation, Kobe, international conference center, pp 2180–2186Google Scholar
- 9.Saglia JA, Tsagarakis NG, Dai JS, Caldwell DG (2012) Control strategies for patient-assisted training using the ankle rehabilitation Robot. IEEE/ASME Trans Mechatron 99:1–9Google Scholar
- 10.Sui PJ Yao LG, Lin ZF, Yan HY, Dai JS (2009) Analysis and synthesis of ankle motion and rehabilitation Robots. In: Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE international conference on robotics and biomimetics, Guilin, pp 2533–2538Google Scholar
- 11.Sui PJ, Yao LG, Lin ZF, Yan HY, Dai JS (2010) Kinematics analysis of a novel ankle rehabilitation robotics. In: International conference and course on orthopaedic biomechanics clinical applications and surgery, West London, pp S70Google Scholar
- 12.Sui PJ, Yao LG, Dai JS, Wang HL (2011) Development and key issues of the ankle rehabilitation robots. In: 13th world congress in mechanism and machine science, Guanajuato, pp A12–416Google Scholar
- 13.Yu DS (1993) Manual of rehabilitation medicine. Huaxia Publishing House, Beijing, pp 55–57Google Scholar
- 14.Yoo JW, Ryu J (2005) A novel reconfigurable ankle/foot rehabilitation robot. In: IEEE international conference on robotics and automation, Barcelona, International conference center, pp 2290–2295Google Scholar
- 15.Yao LG, Lin ZF, Yan HY, Wei GW, Dai JS (2008) Mechatronics integrated system for ankle rehabilitation and foot massage. In: Proceedings of the 11th mechatronics forum biennial international conference, Ireland, pp 305–310Google Scholar
- 16.Zhao TS, Yu HB, Dai JS (2005) Ankle rehabilitation robot based on 3-rss/s parallel mechanism. J Yanshan Univ 29:471–475Google Scholar
- 18.Zhang KT, Dai JS, Fang YF (2013) Geometric constraint and mobility variation of two3SvPSv metamorphic parallel mechanisms. J Mech Des 35:1–8Google Scholar