Research on RFID Middleware for Distributed Datastore
The high speed and accuracy of information access is required in modern logistics operations. In this paper, the RFID technology is applied with articles for keeping information dynamically. In order to improve the efficiency of data access on tag, a set of RFID middleware named Tag Operation Module (TOM) is proposed. On analyzing of the memory data organization of the tag, an index structure of bit-level architecture is promoted and improved. Then, a memory database is set up in the host computer to improve efficiency of tag data query. The experimental results show that TOM can greatly enhance the efficiency of the reader operations on tag, which can be widely applied to the applications of lifecycle management of articles.
Keywordsstorage management RFID middleware bitmap memory database
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Love, J.: STMicroelectronics releases RFID memory (January 2011), http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1316422
- 2.Sungwoo, A., Bonghee, H.: Reordering for indexing in an RFID tag database. Journal of Information Science and Engineering 25(6), 1671–1690 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Jing, D., Chang-Tien, L.: DIME: Disposable index for moving objects. In: Proc. of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management, Lulea, Sweden, pp. 68–77 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Soo, B.K., Ho, Y.M., Yeop, L.B., et al.: Efficient complex event processing over Rfid streams. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Jian, Y.: Research on Key Technology of RFID Middleware (Ph.D. Thesis). South China University of Technology, Guangzhou (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Seok-Young, J., Sang-Hwa, C., Hyun-Pil, K.: A study on management of active RFID tag memory map using caching. In: Proc of the 9th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, Gangwon-Do, Korea, pp. 98–101 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.GS1 EPCglobal. GS1 EPC Tag Data Standard 1.7[EB/OL] (May 2013), http://www.gs1.org/gsmp/kc/epcglobal/tds/