Alamouti Coding Based Relay Selection Strategies for Wireless Multi-hop Network
Researches on wireless multi-hop networks have always raised doubt about the performance of the same relay selection strategy in all hops which leads to the neglect of different transmission scenarios between hops in wireless multi-hop networks. In this paper, we have determined to provide a relay selection strategy for wireless multi-hop network, which divides the hops into three parts according to different receive-transmission mode: the first hop (2×1), the middle hops (2×2) and the last hop (1×2), and Alamouti coding based transmission strategy has been investigated. Since the specificity of the last hop, we make consideration on jointing the last two hops, aiming to ensure the performance of the optimal relay selection in the whole path. Performance results are given from the aspects of network system capacity and bit error ratio (BER). Numerical results show that the proposed multi-hop relay selection strategy is definitely able to gain more throughputs and reduce the BER compared with random relay selection strategy in SISO system and virtual MIMO (2×2) system.
Keywordsrelay selection multi-hop capacity bit error ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, Z., Zhang, Q., Zhisheng, N.: Throughput Improvement by Joint Relay Selection and Link Scheduling in Relay-Assisted Cellular Networks. TVT 61, 2824–2835 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, K., Kwon, H.M., Xiong, W., et al.: Relay selection for AF SISO wireless relay networks under jamming environment with relay power constraint. In: MILCOM, pp. 1–5 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Hao, Z., Peilin, H., Kaiping, X.: Mobile-based relay selection schemes for multi-hop cellular networks. JCN 15, 45–53 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Mishra, P., Singh, G., Vij, R., Chandil, G.: BER analysis of Alamouti space time block coded 2×2 MIMO systems using Rayleigh dent mobile radio channel. In: IAdCC, pp. 154–158 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Swasdio, W., Pirak, C., Ascheid, G.: Alamouti-coded decode-and-forward protocol with optimum relay selection for cooperative communications. In: ICMUT, pp. 1–6 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Tam, N.T.B., Tran-Thien, T., et al.: Performance Analysis of Decode-and-Forward Relaying for Multi-hop Alamouti Transmission over Rayleigh Fading Channels. In: ATC, pp. 195–200 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Butcharoen, S., Pirak, C.: An Alamouti-Based Path Selection Strategy for Multihop Relay Communications. In: TENCON, pp. 2386–2391 (2010)Google Scholar