An Improved Task Scheduling Algorithm Based on Potential Games in Cloud Computing
The task scheduling problem of Cloud computing was modeled as an potential game. The mapping problem of users’ tasks to virtual machines was abstracted into a path selection problem in traffic network. Each task agent was viewed as a selfish participant, who competed with each other for virtual ma-chine. Considering the virtual machines’ capacity, we proves the game is a po-tential game which exists at least one Nash equilibrium. The consistency of Nash equilibrium and the minimum value of potential function is proved. Fi-nally, two improved task scheduling algorithm based on potential game are proposed. By our algorithms, the system can reach to a stable state eventually. Meanwhile, the algorithms can guarantee that the system load balancing level is adaptive to the amount of users’ task changing.
KeywordsPotential Game Task Scheduling Cloud Computing Nash Equilibrium Virtual Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Group of virtualization and cloud computing.: Virtualization and Cloud Computing. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Introduction of Amazon Web Services (EB/OL), http://aws.amazon.com
- 3.Microsoft: Azure Service Platform Overview. J. Insight(Microsoft) 2, 1–23 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Jeffrey, D., Sanjay, C.: MapReduce: Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters. In: OSDI 20204: 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, pp. 137–149 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Qian, Q.F., Li, C.L., Zhang, X.Q., Li, L.Y.: Virtual Resources Review of Cloud Data Center. J. Application Research of Computers. 29(7), 2411–2415 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, Y., Li, F., Zhou, T.: The Task Scheduling Research in Cloud Computing based on Genetic ant colony algorithm. J. Computer Engineering and Applications (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, W.J., Zhang, M.H., Guo, W.Y.: The Cloud Computing Resource Scheduling Strategy based on MPSO Algorithm. J. Computer Applications 37(11), 43–44 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Luo, J.P., Li, X., Chen, M.R.: The Resource Scheduling based on Shuffled Frog Leaping Algorithm. J. Computer Engineering and Applications 48(29), 67–72 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, Y., Zhao, Z.W., et al.: The Resource Scheduling Strategy based on Optimal Genetic Algorithm in Cloud Computing Environments. Journals of Beijing Normal University 48(4), 373–384 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Virajith, J., Giang, N., et al.: Cloud Resource Allocation Games. University of llinois (2010), http://hdl.handle.net/2142/17427
- 12.Yang, Y., Chen, S.Z., Li, X.: The Research of Dynamic selection of the Underlying Resource based on Evolutionary Games in Network Virtualization Environments. Journals of Communication 33(Z2), 25–34 (2012)Google Scholar