Efficient Utility-Based Bandwidth Allocation Scheme for Multi-traffic Distribution in Heterogeneous Networks
This paper proposes an efficient bandwidth allocation scheme for multi-traffic distribution in heterogeneous networks, where several multi-homed terminals are requesting different traffic. The utility functions are modified to get the optimized allocation results. To make our scheme more practical, the modified model considers the "match-degree" between networks and traffic by the way of Gray-correlation analyzing. Then we propose Bandwidth Weighting Factor to take the "match-degree" into the optimization problem. Simulation results indicate that our schemes have a significant improvement in utilities and bandwidth utilization with other schemes.
Keywordsbandwidth allocation utility function match-degree gray correlation bandwidth weighting factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wang, C., Tian, H., et al.: Dynamic traffic allocation scheme for optimum distribution in heterogeneous networks. In: Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), pp. 1–5 (September 2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Choi, Y., Kim, H., Han, S., Han, Y.: Joint resource allocation of parallel muliti-radio access in heterogeneous wireless networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communicaitons 9(11) (Noveber 2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Lin, K., Po Chou, S., Chou, C.: Video Multicast with Heterogeneous User Interests in Multi-Rate Wireless Networks. In: 2012 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference: Mobile and Wireless Networks (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, L., Wang, B., Chen, X., Zhang, X., Yang, D.: Utility-Based Resource Allocation for Mixed Traffic in Wireless Networks. In: IEEE INFOCOM 2011 International Workshop on Future Media Networks and IP-based TV (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Razzaq, A., Mehaoua, A.: Layered Video Transmission using Wireless Path Diversity based on Grey Relational Analysis. In: IEEE ICC 2011 Proceedings (2011)Google Scholar