SDEC: Spectrum-Aware Degree-Ranking-Based Energy-Efficient Clustering Algorithm for Multi-hop CRN
Cognitive radio is a key technology for promoting spectrum efficiency by exploiting the existence of spectrum holes under the current static spectrum allocation policy. However, using spectrum bands in an opportunistic way has brought some significant challenges such as connectivity and energy consumption in dynamic environment. In this paper, we propose an adaptive SDEC (spectrum-aware degree-ranking-based energy-efficient clustering algorithm) applying to multi-hop wireless CRN, which incorporates the spectrum quality and the number of neighbor nodes into consideration. Results of simulations illustrate that the algorithm can well fit into CR network and achieve significant improvement both on the load balancing and the average power consumption. Moreover, SDEC has preferable stability and validity due to its low complexity and quick convergence under dynamic spectrum change.
KeywordsMulti-hop Wireless CRN Clustering Algorithm Spectrum Quality Degree Ranking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.FCC. Spectrum Policy Task Force Report (ET docket no.02-135). USA: FCC, 1-73 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Willkomm, D., Bohge, M., Hollos, D., Gross, J., Wolisz, A.: “Double hoping: A new approach for dynamic frequency hopping in cognitive radio networks. In: Proc. IEEE PIMRC 2008 (September 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Parekh, A.K.: Selecting Routers in Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks. In: Proc of the SBT/IEEE Int’l Tele Symp. (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Basagni, S.: Distributed Clustering for Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proc of Int’l Symp. on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms and Networks, pp. 310–315 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Gerla, M., Tsai, J.T.-C.: Muticluster, mobile, multimedia radio network. Wireless Networks, 255–265 (1995)Google Scholar