A New Model of Efficiency-Oriented Group Decision and Consensus Reaching Support in a Fuzzy Environment
We present a novel comprehensive model of a consensus reaching support system in the fuzzy context. We assume the individual fuzzy preferences, a fuzzy majority in group decision making, as proposed by Kacprzyk , some fuzzy majority based solution concepts in group decision making, notably fuzzy cores (cf. Kacprzyk ) and their choice function based representations by Kacprzyk and Zadrożny ,, a soft degree of consensus by Kacprzyk and Fedrizzi ,. Using as a point of departure Kacprzyk and Zadrożny’s  approach of the use of linguistic data summaries to support the running of a consensus reaching process, we develop and implement a novel approach that synergistically combines the tools and techniques mentioned above. We assume that moderated consensus reaching process which is run in the group of agents by a special agent called a moderator, is the most effective and efficient solution. We attempt to facilitate the work of a moderator, by some useful guidelines and additional indicators. We extend this idea and finally, we present a new implementation followed by a numerical evaluation of the new model proposed.
Keywordsconsensus reaching group decision support systems fuzzy preference relations soft degree of consensus linguistic quantifier fuzzy cores
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Carlsson, C., Fedrizzi, M., Fuller, R.: Group Decision Support Systems. In: Carlsson, C., Fedrizzi, M., Fuller, R. (eds.) Fuzzy Logic in Management, vol. 66, ch. 3, Springer (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Consensus Decision Making, http://www.uhc.org.uk/projects/toolbox/meetings_and_organisation/consensus_short.htm
- 6.Gołuńska, D., Kacprzyk, J.: The Conceptual Framework of Fairness in Consensus Reaching Process Under Fuzziness. In: Proceedings of the 2013 Joint IFSA World Congress NAFIPS Annual Meeting, Edmonton, Canada, June 24-28, pp. 1285–1290 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Herrera-Viedma, E., García-Lapresta, J.L., Kacprzyk, J., Fedrizzi, M., Nurmi, H., Zadrożny, S. (eds.): Consensual Processes. STUDFUZZ, vol. 267. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Kacprzyk, J., Nurmi, H., Fedrizzi, I.M. (eds.): Consensus under Fuzziness, pp. 55–83. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (1996)Google Scholar
- 14.Kacprzyk, J., Zadrożny, S.: On the use of fuzzy majority for supporting consensus reaching under fuzziness. In: Proceedings of FUZZ-IEEE 1997 - Sixth IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Barcelona, Spain, vol. 3, pp. 1683–1988 (1997)Google Scholar
- 17.Kacprzyk, J., Zadrożny, S.: An Internet-based group decision support system. Management VII(28), 4–10 (2003)Google Scholar
- 18.Kacprzyk, J., Zadrożny, S.: Supporting consensus reaching in a group via fuzzy linguistic data summaries. In: IFSA 2005 World Congress, Beijing, pp. 1746–1751. Tsinghua University Press/Springer (2005)Google Scholar
- 19.Kacprzyk, J., Zadrożny, S.: Towards a general and unified characterization of individual and collective choice functions under fuzzy and nonfuzzy preferences and majority via the Ordered Weighted Average Operators. International Journal of Intelligent Systems 24(1), 4–26 (2009)CrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 22.Kacprzyk, J., Zadrożny, S., Fedrizzi, M., Nurmi, H.: On Group Decision Making, Consensus Reaching, Voting and Voting Paradoxes under Fuzzy Preferences and a Fuzzy Majority: A Survey and some Perspectives. In: Bustince, H., et al. (eds.) Fuzzy Sets and Their Extensions: Representations, Aggregation and Models. STUDFUZZ, vol. 220, pp. 263–295. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Turban, E., Aronson, J.E., Liang, T.P.: Decision Support Systems and Intelligent Systems, 6th edn., pp. 11–19, 94-101.C. Prentice Hall (2005)Google Scholar