Supplier Selection Using Interpolative Boolean Algebra and Logic Aggregation
The interest of the decision makers in the selection process of suppliers is constantly growing as a reliable supplier reduces costs and improves the quality of products/services. This process is essentially reducible to the problem of multi-attribute decision-making. Namely, the large number of quantitative and qualitative attributes is considered. This paper presents a model of supplier selection. Weighted approach for solving this model was used combined with logical interactions between attributes. Setting logical conditions between attributes was carried out by using the Boolean Interpolative Algebra. Then the logical conditions are transformed into generalized Boolean polynomial that is through logical aggregation translated into a single value. In this way, the ranking of the suppliers is provided. Using this model managers will be able to clearly express their demands through logical conditions, i.e. will be able to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the problem and to make an informed decision.
KeywordsFuzzy logic Interpolative Boolean algebra Generalized Boolean polynomial Logical aggregation Supplier selection problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boole, G.: The calculus of logic. The Cambridge and Dublin Mathematical Journal 3, 183–198 (1848)Google Scholar
- 3.Lukasiewicz, J.: Selected Works. In: Brokowski, L. (ed.). North-Holland Publ. Comp., Amsterdam and PWN (1970)Google Scholar
- 4.Radojevic, D.: Logical measure of continual logical function. In: 8th International Conference IPMU – Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems, Madrid, pp. 574–578 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Dragovic, I., Turajlic, N., Radojevic, D., Petrovic, B.: Combining Boolean consistent fuzzy logic and AHP illustrated on the web service selection problem. International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems 7(1), 84–93 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Radojevic, D.: Fuzzy Set Theory in Boolean Frame. International Journal of Computers, Communications & Control 3, 121–131 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Radojevic, D.: Interpolative realization of Boolean algebra. In: Proceedings of the NEUREL 2006, The 8th Neural Network Applications in Electrical Engineering, pp. 201–206 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Radojevic, D.: Real probability (R-probability): fuzzy probability idea in Boolean frame. In: 28th Linz Seminar on Fuzzy Set Theory (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Milošević, P., Nešić, I., Poledica, A., Radojević, D.G., Petrović, B.: Models for Ranking Students: Selecting Applicants for a Master of Science Studies. In: Balas, V.E., Fodor, J., Várkonyi-Kóczy, A.R., Dombi, J., Jain, L.C. (eds.) Soft Computing Applications. AISC, vol. 195, pp. 93–103. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar