A Negative-Aware and Rating-Integrated Recommendation Algorithm Based on Bipartite Network Projection
Bipartite network projection method has been recently employed for personal recommendation. It constructs a bipartite network between users and items. Treating as resource in the network user taste for items, it allocates the resource via links between user nodes and item nodes. However, the taste model employed by existing algorithms cannot differentiate “dislike” and “unrated” cases implied by user ratings. Moreover, the distribution of resource is solely based on node degrees, ignoring the different transfer rates of the links. To enhance the performance, this paper devises a negative-aware and rating-integrated algorithm on top of the baseline algorithm. It enriches the current user taste model to encompass “like”, “dislike” and “unrated” information from users. Furthermore, in the resource distribution stage, we propose to initialize the resource allocation according to user ratings, which also determines the resource transfer rates on links afterward. Extensive experiments conducted on real data validate the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsUser Rating Resource Distribution Collaborative Filter Baseline Algorithm Bipartite Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Khoshneshin, M., Street, N.W.: Collaborative Filtering via Euclidean Embedding. In: ACM RecSys 2010, Barcelona, Spain, September 26-30 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Koren, Y.: Collaborative Filtering with Temporal Dynamics. In: ACM KDD 2009, Paris, France, June 28-July 1 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Shi, Y., Larson, M., Hanjalic, A.: Mining Contextual Movie Similarity with Matrix Factorization for Context-Aware Recommendation. ACM TIST 04(01), 1601–1619 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, H., Maes, P.: InterestMap: Harvesting Social Network Profiles for Recommendations. In: IUI 2005, San Diego, California, USA (January 9, 2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Xia, J., Wu, F., Xie, C., Tu, J.: INBI: An Improved Network-Based Inference Recommendation Algorithm, In: IEEE NAS 2012, June 28-30 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Sarwar, B., Karypis, G., Konstan, J., Riedl, J.: Incremental Singular Value Decomposition Algorithms for Highly Scalable Recommender Systems. In: Proceedings of ICCIT, April 2-4 (2002)Google Scholar
- 20.Sawant, S.: Collaborative Filtering using Weighted Bipartite Graph Projection: A Recommendation System for Yelp. In: CS224W: Social and Information Network Analysis (December 10, 2013)Google Scholar