Combining Business Intelligence with Semantic Technologies: The CUBIST Project
- 883 Downloads
This paper describes the European Framework Seven CUBIST project, which ran from October 2010 to September 2013. The project aimed to combine the best elements of traditional BI with the newer, semantic, technologies of the Sematic Web, in the form of RDF and FCA. CUBIST’s purpose was to provide end-users with "conceptually relevant and user friendly visual analytics" to allow them to explore their data in new ways, discovering hidden meaning and solving hitherto difficult problems. To this end, three of the partners in CUBIST were use-cases: recruitment consultancy, computational biology and the space industry. Each use-case provided their own requirements and evaluated how well the CUBIST outcomes addressed them.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Andrews, S., Orphanides, C.: FcaBedrock, a formal context creator. In: Croitoru, M., Ferré, S., Lukose, D. (eds.) ICCS 2010. LNCS, vol. 6208, pp. 181–184. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Andrews, S.: In-Close2, a high performance formal concept miner (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Melo, C., Mikheev, A., Le-Grand, B., Aufaure, M.-A.: Cubix: A visual analytics tool for conceptual and semantic data. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Data Mining Workshops. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Wolff, K.E.: A first course in formal concept analysis: How to understand line diagrams. Advances in Statistical Software 4, 429–438 (1993)Google Scholar
- 6.Andrews, S.: Data conversion and interoperability for FCA (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Richardson, L., Venkataraman, S., Stevenson, P., Yang Y., Burton, N., Rao, J., Fisher, M., et al.: EMAGE mouse embryo spatial gene expression database: 2010 update. Nucleic Acids Res. 38(Database issue), D703–D709 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Orphanides, C.: Exploring the applicability of formal concept analysis on market intelligence data (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Taylor, A., McLeod, K., Burger, A.: Semantic visualisation of gene expression information. In: Proceedings of the 3rd CUBIST Workshop. CEUR (2013)Google Scholar