A Business Intelligence Solution for Monitoring Efficiency of Photovoltaic Power Plants
Photovoltaics (PV) is the field of technology and research related to the application of solar cells, in order to convert sunlight directly into electricity. In the last decade, PV plants have become ubiquitous in several countries of the European Union (EU). This paves the way for marketing new smart systems, designed to monitor the energy production of a PV park grid and supply intelligent services for customer and production applications. In this paper, we describe a new business intelligence system developed to monitor the efficiency of the energy production of a PV park. The system includes services for data collection, summarization (based on trend cluster discovery), synthetic data generation, supervisory monitoring, report building and visualization.
KeywordsEuropean Union Business Intelligence Data Mining System Business Intelligence System Synthetic Data Generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Appice, A., Ciampi, A., Malerba, D.: Summarizing numeric spatial data streams by trend cluster discovery. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, 1–53 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Drury, B.: Control Techniques Drives and Controls Handbook, 2nd edn. (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.EurObserv’ER. Photovoltaic energy barometer. Le Journal du Photovoltaique 7 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Pautasso, C., Zimmermann, O., Leymann, F.: Restful web services vs. “big’” web services: making the right architectural decision. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on World Wide Web, WWW 2008, pp. 805–814. ACM, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Ulieru, V.D., Cepisca, C., Ivanovici, T.D., Pohoata, A., Husu, A., Pascale, L.: Measurement and analysis in pv systems. In: International Conference on Circuits, ICC 2010. WSEAS, pp. 137–142 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Zahran, M., Atia, Y., Al-Hussain, A., El-Sayed, I.: Labview based monitoring system applied for pv power station. In: International Conference on Automatic Control, Modeling and Simulation, ACMOS 2010, pp. 65–70. WSEAS (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Zahran, M., Atia, Y., Alhosseen, A., El-Sayed, I.: Wired and wireless remote control of pv system. WSEAS Transactions on Systems and Control 5, 656–666 (2010)Google Scholar