Comparison Theorems for Second-Order Functional Differential Equations
- 888 Downloads
The effect of the deviating argument on the existence of nonoscillatory solutions for second-order differential equations with p-Laplacian is studied by means of the comparison with a half-linear equation. As a consequence, necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of the so-called intermediate solutions are given and the coexistence with different types of nonoscillatory solutions is analyzed. Moreover, new oscillation results are established too.
KeywordsHalf-linear equation Oscillation Intermediate solution
The first author is supported by the grant GAP201/11/0768 of the Czech Grant Agency.
- 2.Agarwal, R.P., Berezansky, L., Braverman, E., Domoshnitsky, A.: Nonoscillation Theory of Functional Differential Equations with Applications. Springer (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Cecchi, M., Došlá, Z., Marini, M.: Half-linear equations and characteristic properties of principal solutions. J. Differ. Equat. 208, 494–507 (2005); Corrigendum J. Differ. Equat. 221, 272–274 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Cecchi, M., Došlá, Z., Marini, M.: Monotone solutions of two-dimensional nonlinear functional differential systems. Dynam. Syst. Appl. 3, 161–176 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Cecchi, M., Došlá, Z., Došlý, O., Marini, M.: On the integral characterization of principal solutions for half-linear ODE. Electron. J. Qual. Theory Differ. Equat. 12, 1–14 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Došlý, O., Řehák, P.: Half-linear Differential Equations. North-Holland, Mathematics Studies 202, Elsevier Sci. B.V., Amsterdam (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Erbe, L.H., Kong, Q., Zhang, B.G.: Oscillation theory for functional differential equations. Monographs and Textbooks in Pure and Applied Mathematics 190, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Győri, I., Ladas, G.: Oscillation theory of delay differential equations. With applications. Oxford Mathematical Monographs, Oxford University Press, New York (1991)Google Scholar
- 16.Marić, V.: Regular variation and differential equations. Lecture Notes in Math. 1726, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (2000)Google Scholar