Visualisation Functions in Advanced Camera-Based Surround View Systems
- 2k Downloads
This paper presents an overview of visualisation functions in camera based surround view systems. Video capturing and data transmission from the cameras into image processing unit will be discussed. The article shows how to correct camera pose and lens distortions with special focus on wide angle lenses. The driver will expect well stitched images and a constant and correct brightness in the visualised surrounding area. Image post processing techniques in order to overcome these artefacts are presented and subjectively compared to different state of the art visualisation functions. The paper also presents a video watchdog for important functional safety requirements. Finally an outlook to future visualisation functions is given.
Keywords360° view surround view advanced driver assistance system free view point selection brightness correction image stitching projection model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Valeo, 360° Bird’s eye view (2011), http://valeovision.com/innovation
- 2.Mercedes-Benz, Die 360-Grad-Kamera in der Praxis (2012), http://blog.mercedes-benz-passion.com/2012/12/die-360-grad-kamera-in-der-praxis/
- 4.Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, IEEE Standard for Layer 2 Transport Protocol for Time-Sensitive Applications in Bridged Local Ar-ea Networks, IEEE P1722 Draft D6 (September 2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Winner, H., Hakuli, S., Wolf, G.: Handbuch Fahrerassistenzsysteme., Vieweg + Teubner ISBN 978-3-8348-0287-3, Darmstadt (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Scaramuzza, D., Martinelli, A., Siegwart, R.: A Toolbox for Easy Calibrating Omnidirectional Cameras. In: Proceedings to IEEE International Confer-ence on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2006), Beijing China, October 7-15 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.ITU, ISO/IEC 10918-1:1993(E) CCIT Recommendation T.81 (1993), http://www.w3.org/Graphics/JPEG/itu-t81.pdf