Predictive Optimization of the Operating Strategy in Future Volkswagen Vehicles
- 1.9k Downloads
This publication introduces a method for optimization of plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) operating strategies. Due to its structure, the algorithm presented can be applied to various powertrain dimensions and concepts. Besides reducing CO2 emission it also increases the overall distance travelled using the electric drive, thereby increasing the driver’s electric driving experience. This is illustrated using simulation as well as real world measurement data.
A special feature of the system currently being developed is its driver interface. During optimization by the operating strategy it can assist the driver in adapting his driving behavior, thus increasing potential for reduced CO2 emission and cost of operation.
KeywordsPHEV hybrid vehicles predictive operating strategy energy management hybrid HMI low emission low resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.price list Golf/Jetta, http://www.volkswagen.de/ (accessed December 2013)
- 2.http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/tron/a3-sportback-e-tron.html (accessed December 2013)
- 3.Roussea, A., Pagerit, S., Gao, D.: Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Control Strategy Parameter Optimization. Journal of Asian Electric Vehicles 6(2), 1131 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Ozatay, E., Onori, S., Ozguner, U., Rizzoni, G.: On the use of geographical, traffic management, and weather information in the cloud to optimize the energy use of vehicles. In: 13th Stuttgart International Symposium: Automotive and Engine Technology, pp. 41–56 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Schäfers, T., Esch, F.: Der Hybrid-Fahrer, Das unbekannte Wesen? ATZagenda, 90–95 (January 2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Bau und Stadtentwicklung. Ergebnisbericht Mobilität in Deutschland, Fig. 3.11 (2008)Google Scholar