Kaira: Development Environment for MPI Applications
This tool paper presents Kaira ( http://verif.cs.vsb.cz/kaira/ ) – a tool for simplifying development of parallel applications in the area of scientific and engineering computations for distributed memory systems. Our goal is to provide an environment in which a user can implement and experiment with his or her ideas in a short time; create a real running program; and verify its performance, scalability, and correctness. A unifying element in our approach is a visual programming language inspired by Colored Petri Nets that is used to define the parallel behavior, to show an inner state of a developed application back to the user, and for configurations of analyzes.
KeywordsMPI C++ profiling debugging Coloured Petri Nets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Böhm, S., Běhálek, M.: Usage of Petri nets for high performance computing. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Functional High-Performance Computing, FHPC 2012, pp. 37–48. ACM, New York (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Böhm, S., Běhálek, M., Meca, O., Šurkovský, M.: Visual programming of MPI applications: Debugging and performance analysis. In: The 4th Workshop on Advances in Programming Language, WAPL (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Böhm, S.: Unifying Framework for Development of Message-Passing Applications. PhD thesis, FEI VŠB-TUO Ostrava, 17. listopadu 15, Ostrava (November 2013), http://verif.cs.vsb.cz/sb/thesis.pdf
- 4.Jensen, K., Kristensen, L.M.: Coloured Petri Nets - Modelling and Validation of Concurrent Systems. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Browne, J.C., Dongarra, J., Hyder, S.I., Moore, K., Newton, P.: Visual programming and parallel computing. Technical report, Knoxville, TN, USA (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Casanova, H., Legrand, A., Quinson, M.: Simgrid: A generic framework for large-scale distributed experiments. In: Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation, UKSIM 2008, pp. 126–131. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Vakkalanka, S.S., Sharma, S., Gopalakrishnan, G., Kirby, R.M.: ISP: a tool for model checking MPI programs. In: Proceedings of the 13th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, PPoPP 2008, pp. 285–286. ACM, New York (2008)Google Scholar