Content Based Image Retrieval Using Quantitative Semantic Features
Retrieval of images based on low level visual features such as color, texture and shape have proven to have its own set of limitations under different conditions. In order to improve the effectiveness of content-based image retrieval systems, research direction has been shifted from designing sophisticated low-level feature extraction algorithms to reducing the ‘semantic gap’ between the visual features and the richness of human semantics. In this paper, the framework for Content-Based Image Retrieval system Fuzzy Logic approach is proposed to bridge the semantic gap between low level features and high-level semantic features with the aim to optimize the performance of CBIR systems.
KeywordsCBIR Quantitative Semantic Features Fuzzy Color Histogram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, Y., Zhang, D.S., Lu, G., Ma, W.-Y.: A survey of content-based image retrieval with high-level semantics. Journal of Pattern Recognition Society, 282–287 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, H.H., Mohamad, D., Ismail, N.A.: Semantic Gap in CBIR: Automatic Objects Spatial Relationships Semantic Extraction and Representation. International Journal of Image Processing (IJIP) 4(3), 192–204 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Tamane, S.: Content Based Image Retrieval using High Level Semantic Features. In: Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference INDIA-COM (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Patheja, P.S., Waoo Akhilesh, A., Prakash, M.J.: An Enhanced Approch for Content Based Image Retrieval. Research Journal of Recent Sciences 1(ISC-2011), 415–418 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Sethi, I.K., Coman, I.L.: Mining association rules between low-level image features and high-level concepts. In: Proceedings of the SPIE Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol. III, pp. 279–290 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, Y., Wang, J.Z., Krovetz, R.: An unsupervised learning approach to content-based image retrieval. In: IEEE Proceedings of the International Symposium on Signal Processing and its Applications, pp. 197–200 (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhou, X.S., Huang, T.S.: CBIR: from low-level features to high level semantics. In: Proceedings of the SPIE, Image and Video Communication and Processing, San Jose, CA, vol. 3974, pp. 426–431 (January 2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Khokher, A., Talwar, R.: Content-Based Image Retrieval: State-of-the-Art and Challenges. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Sciences and Technologies 9(2), 207–211 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Dharani, T., Laurence Aroquiaraj, I.: Content Based Image Retrieval System Using Feature Classification with Modified KNN Algorithm. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) 4(7) (July 2013)Google Scholar