Design Knowledge Framework Based on Parametric Representation
This paper describes a novel framework of design knowledge based on parametric representation intended for using in concept generation of cockpit form style design in civil aviation. With this parametric representation, a parametric model is built to drive a platform of cockpit form style design to enable the designer to make better-informed decisions that can offer design guidelines. And this research took cockpit form style design for example to illustrate and validate this methodology.
KeywordsDesign Knowledge Parametric Representation Concept Generation Cockpit Form Style Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chandrasegaran, S.K., Karthik, R., Sriram R.D., Imré, H., Alain, B., Harik Ramy, F., Wei, G.: The Evolution, Challenges, and Future of Knowledge Representation in Product Design Systems. Computer-Aided Design. 45, 204-228 (2013) Google Scholar
- 3.Tulving, E., Donaldson, W.: Organization of Memory. Academic Press, New York (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.Goldschmidt, G., Porter, W.: Design Thinking Research Symposium: Design Representation. MIT Press, US (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Ting, H., Qian, S.S.: Product Style Map — an Effective Tool for Product Strategy Planning. Advanced Materials Research 605–607, 472–476 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Oxman, R.M.: The Library of Babel: The Representation of Technological Knowledge in Electronic Libraries, Barcelona Press, Spain (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Bouquet, P., Srafini, L.: Comparing Formal Theories of Context in Ai. Human-Computer Interaction 16, 35–42 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Hao, T.: Case-Based Scenario Knowledge Model Construction and Application in Product Form Design. Hunan University (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Danhua, Z.: Capture and Representation of the Automobile Form Feature Knowledge. Hunan University (2007)Google Scholar