An Intuitive Way to Describe Our World: A Microblog LBS Visualization System
With the help of LBS provided by some social network service provider, people can obtain knowledge and perceive the world around them more conveniently. However, since the contradiction of a large number of POI nodes and the limited displaying space, finding a better layout algorithm to visualize the POI nodes is important for better user experience. This paper presents a new layout algorithm called Virtual Layout algorithm, which can solve the problem of the uneven POI nodes distribution and make a better presentation of the geospatial information. We also deployed a microblog LBS visualization system which consists of Virtual Layout algorithm, stylized map and location reference frame to verify the performance of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsLBS visualization Microblog Layout algorithm POI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen, X., et al.: System architecture of LBS based on spatial information integration. In: Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Contributors, W.: Point of interest, in Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Iliinsky, N.: On beauty. Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts, 1–14 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, X., Chen, Y., Rao, F.: An efficient spatial publish/subscribe system for intelligent location-based services. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Distributed Event-Based Systems 2003, pp. 1–6. ACM, San Diego (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Jensen, C.S., et al.: Multidimensional data modeling for location-based services. In: Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems 2002, pp. 55–61. ACM, McLean (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Fry, B.: Visualizing data: exploring and explaining data with the Processing environment. O’Reilly Media (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Ester, M., et al.: A density-based algorithm for discovering clusters in large spatial databases with noise. In: KDD (1996)Google Scholar