Development of an Ontology for Supporting Diagnosis in Psychiatry
Psychiatry is the medical specialty responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, in an attempt to secure mental health in the human beings. However, the human brain is a very complex organ, which makes the diagnosis of this kind of illnesses a hard task. Considering this fact, an ontology was conceived with the task of inferring one or more psychiatric disorders depending on the symptoms presented by a patient.
KeywordsEating Disorder Mood Disorder Major Depressive Disorder Psychotic Disorder Mood Episode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Diagnostic And Statistidcal Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Mental Health Organization, http://www.who.int/en/
- 4.Gruber, T.R.: A Translation Approach to Portable Ontology Specifications. KSL 92-71 (January 1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Hadzic, M., Chen, M., Dillon, T.: Towards the Mental Health Ontology. IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (2008) 978-0-7695- 3452-7/08Google Scholar
- 6.Lopez, A.D., Murray, C.C.J.L.: The global burden of disease, 1990 2020. Nature America Inc. (November 1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Orbst, L., Liu, H., Wray, R.: Ontologies for C orporate Web Applications. AI Magazine 24(3) (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Staab, S., Studer, R.: Handbook on Ontologies, 2nd edn. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Nunes, L.C., Pinheiro, P.R., Pequeno, T.C.: An Expert System Applied to the Diagnosis of Psychological Disorders. Av. Washington Soares, 1321 - Bloco J, sala 30, CEP: 60811-905. University of Fortaleza, Fortaleza (2009) 978-1-4244-4738-11/09/Google Scholar
- 11.Kola, J.S., Harris, J., Laurie, S., Rector, A., Goble, C., Martone, M.: Towards an ontology for Psychosis. Cognitive Systems Research 11, 4252 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Lin, Y.C.: Design and Implementation of an Ontology-Based Psychiatric Disorder Detection System. WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications, 1790–0832 (January 2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Consortium WWW. SWRL: A Semantic Web Rule Language Combining OWL and RuleML (2004), http://www.w3.org/Submission/SWRL/
- 14.Nogueira, J.H.M., Alcaântara, J.F.L., de Andrade, R.C., de A.e Silva, R.B., Silvestre, R.S.: Grupo SINTA - Sistemas INTeligentes Aplicados. Federal University of Cearaá (UFC) and State University of Cearaá, UECE (1995)Google Scholar