Building Scalable View Module of Object-Oriented Database
Many researchers and developers have studied object-oriented relational database management systems (ORDBMS) in the past ten or so years, few have published their results that reveal the inside workings of an ORDBMS. Leading database software companies integrated object-oriented features in their DBMS products only recently. These companies do not make the technical core of their products public. Most academic researchers, on the other hand, have worked on ideas, methodologies and analysis of ORDBMS, but few have shown the database engine of a working system. This paper presents a propotype ORDBMS engine that supports objects in databases, including user-defined types, inheritance, and polymorphous method invocaiton. Although a prototype, it is implemented in Java, fully functional and can be extended should additional modules be added in the future. The system is composed of three major components: the query-command module, the view module, and the database module.
KeywordsObject-Oriented Relational Database Management User Friendly Interface Inheritance View Module Searching Engine Self-diagnosing Agent Ubiquitous computing CBE (Common Base Event) Crop Production Agent Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Bajo, J., De Paz, J.F., Rodríguez, S., González, A.: Multi-agent system to monitor oceanic environments. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering 17(2), 131–144 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Závodská, A., ŠRamová, V., Aho, A.M.: Knowledge in Value Creation Process for Increasing Competitive Advantage. Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal 1(3), 35–47 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Satoh, I.: Bio-inspired Self-Adaptive Agents in Distributed Systems. Advances in Distributed. Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal 1(2), 49–56 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Agüero, J., Rebollo, M., Carrascosa, C., Julián, V.: MDD-Approach for developing Pervasive Systems based on Service-Oriented Multi-Agent Systems. Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal 1(6), 55–64 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Khoshafian, S., Dasananda, S., Minassian, N., Ketabchi, M.: The Jasmine Object Database: Multimedia Applications for the Web. Computer Associates International (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Kim, W.: Introduction to Object-Oriented Databases. MIT Press, Cambridge (1990)Google Scholar
- 14.Saracco, C.M.: Universal database management: a guide to object/relational technology. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Silberschatz, A., Korth, H.F., Sudarshan, S.: Database System Concepts, 3rd edn. McGraw Hill (1997)Google Scholar
- 16.Tesler, L.G.: Object-oriented approach. Communication of the ACM 34(8), 13–14 (1991)Google Scholar