Augmented Reality Workshops for Art Students
In this paper, we describe the program of our AR workshops dedicated to art students. Our observations regarding supervising such lab courses and students’ works are presented. We would like to present a methodology for AR training when the students are not experienced in computer programming. We hope this will encourage other art and IT teachers to join efforts and incorporate AR into curriculum as a very promising concept of merging technology with visual communication. The potential of AR is very high and, therefore, it is important to introduce students to AR and the process of creating their own working projects.
KeywordsAugmented Reality education AR workshops art projects mobile AR
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wichrowski, M.: Teaching augmented reality in practice: Tools, workshops and students’ projects. In: MIDI 2013: Proceedings of the International Conference on Multimedia, Interaction, Design and Innovation, Warsaw, Poland. ACM, New York (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Milgram, P., Kishino, F.: A taxonomy of mixed reality visual displays. IEICE Transactions on Information Systems 77(12) (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Azuma, R.T.: A survey of augmented reality. Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments 6(4), 355–385 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Kaufmann, H.: Collaborative Augmented Reality in Education. In: Imagina Conference 2003, Monaco Mediax, Monaco (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Lazoudis, A., Salmi, H., Sotiriou, S. (eds.): Augmented Reality in Education: EDEN - 2011 Open Classroom Conference. Proceedings of the “Science Center To Go” Workshops. Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Athens (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Yuen, S., Yaoyuneyong, G., Johnson, E.: Augmented reality: An overview and five directions for AR in education. Journal of Educational Technology Development and Exchange 4(1) (2011)Google Scholar