Time-Domain Solution of Transmission through Multi-modeled Obstacles for UWB Signals
In this work, the time-domain solution for transmission through multi-modeled obstacles has been presented. The transmission through dielectric wedge followed by a dielectric slab has been analyzed. The analytical time-domain transmission and reflection coefficients for transmission through the conductor-dielectric interface, considering oblique incidence, are given for both soft and hard polarizations. The exact frequency-domain formulation for transmitted field at the receiver has been simplified under the condition of low-loss assumption and converted to time-domain formulation using inverse Laplace transform. The time-domain results have been validated with the inverse fast Fourier transform (IFFT) of the corresponding exact frequency-domain results. Further the computational efficiency of both the methods is compared.
KeywordsUltra wideband Propagation model Transmission Frequencydomain Time-domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Chen, Z., Yao, R., Guo, Z.: The characteristics of UWB signal transmitting through a lossy dielectric slab. In: Proc. IEEE 60th Veh. Technol. Conf., VTC 2004-Fall, Los Angeles, CA, USA., vol. 1, pp. 134–138 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Yang, W., Qinyu, Z., Naitong, Z., Peipei, C.: Transmission characteristics of ultra-wide band impulse signals. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, Shanghai, pp. 550–553 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Karousos, A., Koutitas, G., Tzaras, C.: Transmission and reflection coefficients in time-domain for a dielectric slab for UWB signals. In: Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf., Singapore, pp. 455–458 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Brigham, E.O.: The Fast Fourier transform and Its Applications. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1988)Google Scholar
- 11.Balanis, C.A.: Advanced engineering electromagnetic. Wiley, New York (1989)Google Scholar
- 12.Tewari, P., Soni, S.: Time-domain solution for transmitted field through low-loss dielectric obstacles in a microcellular and indoor scenario for UWB signals. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. (2013) (under review)Google Scholar
- 14.Tewari, P., Soni, S.: A comparison between transmitted and diffracted field in a microcellular scenario for UWB signals. In: Proc. IEEE Asia-Pacific Conf. Antennas Propag., Singapore, pp. 221–222 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Jing, M., Qin-Yu, Z., Nai-Tong, Z.: Impact of IR-UWB waveform distortion on NLOS localization system. In: ICUWB 2009, pp. 123–128 (2009)Google Scholar