Smart Card Application for Attendance Management System
This paper presents attendance management system based on the smart cards. This introduces the entities of the system and describes the set up of attendance management system and the role of these entities in the management system for managing attendance. This also represents the graphical representation of the working of entities of the system. This includes how card makes connection with the attendance reader and how verification authority verifies the smart card. And GUI interface for communicating with the card through this application is also shown with some description.
Keywordssmart card management system verification validation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, R.-D., Wang, W.: Design and implementation of the general read-write system of the smart card. In: 3rd IEEE International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Reillo, R.S.: Securing information and operations in a smart card through biometrics. In: Proceedings of IEEE 34th Annual International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Yuqiang, C., Xuanzi, H., Jianlan, G., Liang, L.: Design and implementation of Smart Card COS. In: International Conference on Computer Application and System Modeling (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Rankl, W., Effing, W.: Smart Card Handbook. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Guo, B., Zhang, D., Yang, D.: “Read” More from Business Cards: Toward a Smart Social Contact Management System. In: IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, pp. 384–387 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Chor, L.P., Chong, T.E.: Group accesses with smart card and threshold scheme. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp. 415–418 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Ko, H., Caytiles, R.D.: A Review of Smartcard Security Issues. Journal of Security Engineering 8(3) (2011)Google Scholar