Blackhole Attack Defending Trusted On-Demand Routing in Ad-Hoc Network
Ad-hoc networks are vulnerable to blackhole attack. Blackhole attacker drops every incoming legitimate packet to disrupt on-demand routing as well as data delivery in ad-hoc network. The attacker drops received route request packets instead of forwarding them pretending to have valid route to destination. As a result, all data from source will be delivered towards blackhole attacker. In this paper, we have proposed a trusted on-demand routing approach to defend blackhole attacker depending on our trust model with different levels of trust computations. In our approach, blackhole attackers are identified and isolated on context of data forwarding. Simulation and analysis justify our proposal against blackhole attack for on-demand routing in Ad-hoc Network. Simulation results analyses and justifies our trusted proposal against blackhole attack for on-demand routing in Ad-hoc Network.
KeywordsAODV Blackhole attack direct trust indirect trust trustor trustee
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Menaka, A., Pushpa, M.E.: Effect Of Black Hole Attack On AODV Routing Protocol In MANET. IJCST 4347(2) (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Tamilarasan, S.: Securing and Preventing AODV Routing Protocol from Black Hole Attack using Counter Algorithm. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology 1(5) (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Gupta, K., Gujral, M., Nidhi: Secure Detection Technique Against Blackhole Attack For Zone routing Protocol in MANETS. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management 2(6) (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Medadian, M., Mebadi, A., Shahri, E.: Combat with Black Hole Attack in AODV Routing Protocol. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Obaida, M.A., Faisal, S.A., Horaira, M.A., Roy, T.K. (AODVR): An Analytic Approach to Shield Ad-hoc Networks from Black Holes. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications 2(8) (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Kaur, R., Singh, J.: Towards Security against Malicious Node Attack in Mobile Ad Hoc Network. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering 3(7) (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Basagni, S., Conti, M., Silvia Giordano, S.G., Ivan Stojmenovic, I.: Mobile Ad Hoc Networking, ch. 10Google Scholar
- 8.Payal, W., Raj, N., Swadas, P.B.: DPRAODV: A Dynamic Learning System Against Blackhole Attack in AODV Based MANET. International Journal of Computer Science Issues 2, 809–816 (2009)Google Scholar