DCT Based Robust Multi-bit Steganographic Algorithm
With the rise of communication through the Internet, there has also been a rise of interception of important messages, thus resulting in a greater risk of breach of privacy. Hence, constant research is going on for the development and improvement of techniques that can handle such attacks. Most of the existing algorithms use either the spatial domain or the frequency domain of the image for embedding the secret message. This paper introduces a steganographic algorithm that uses the frequency domain of the image for selecting the potential pixels and the spatial domain for embedding the message bits, thus making it robust against steganalytic attacks. This technique is also capable of withstanding statistical attacks. Our proposed algorithm embeds a maximum of 5 bits of the message per pixel in each image component thus making the embedding capacity very high. Besides embedding capacity, our technique also has a high embedding efficiency.
KeywordsInformation Security Multi-bit DCT Steganography Steganalysis Data hiding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dumitrescu, S., Wu, X., Memon, N.: In Steganalysis of Random LSB Embedding in Continuous-tone Images. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 641–644 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Dumitrescu, S., Wu, X., Wang, Z.: Detection of LSB Steganography via Sample Pair Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 51(7) (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Fridrich, J., Goljan, M., Dui, R.: Reliable Detection of LSB Steganography in Color and Grayscale Images. In: Proceedings of the ACM Workshop on Multimedia and Security, pp. 27–30 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Mandal, J.K., Das, D.: Colour Image Steganography Based on Pixel Value Differencing in Spatial Domain. International Journal of Information Sciences and Techniques 2(4) (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Provos, N.: Defending against Statistical Steganalysis. In: Tenth USENIX Security Symposium, pp. 325–335 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Reddy, V.L., Subramanyam, A., Reddy, P.C.: Implementation of LSB Steganography and its Evaluation for Various File Formats. International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications 2(5), 868–872 (2011)Google Scholar