A Pairing Free Certificateless Group Key Agreement Protocol with Constant Round
To allow a secure conversation among a group of members over a public network there is a need of group key agreement protocol which provide a group session key used in necessary cryptographic operations. Nowadays the protocols based on the certificateless public key cryptography (CL-PKC) creating more attraction for research because it does not require certificates to authenticates the public key as like ID- based cryptosystem and unlike ID based cryptosystem, it does not suffers from the key escrow problem. The almost all CL-PKC based group key agreement schemes in current literature are employ bilinear pairing in their operations. Since the relative computation cost of pairing is many times more than the elliptic curve point multiplication, so it motivates the researchers to propose pairing free protocols based on the CL-PKC. The present paper propose an efficient pairing free group key agreement protocol based on certificateless cryptography over elliptic curve group with their security and performance analysis. The analysis shows that the proposed protocol has strong security protection against various kinds of attack and involves comparatively lower computation and communication overheads than the other existing protocols.
KeywordsGroup Key Agreement Certificateless Public Key Cryptography ECC Bilinear Pairing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Geng, M., Zhang, F., Gao, M.: A secure certificateless authenticated group key agreement protocol. In: International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security, pp. 342–346 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Heo, S., Kim, Z., Kim, K.: Certificateless authenticated group key agreement protocol for dynamic groups. In: IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 464–468 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, E.J., Lee, S.E., Yoo, K.Y.: A certificateless authenticated group key agreement protocol providing forward secrecy. In: Proceedings of the 2008 International Symposium on Ubiquitous Multimedia Computing, pp. 124–129 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Wan, Z., Ren, K., Lou, W., Preneel, B.: Anonymous id-based group key agreement for wireless networks. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, pp. 2615–2620 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Stallings, W.: Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice, 5th edn. Pearson Education (2011)Google Scholar