Analysis of GPS Based Vehicle Trajectory Data for Road Traffic Congestion Learning
Successful developments of effective real-time traffic management and information systems demand high quality real time traffic information. In the era of intelligent transportation convergence, traffic monitoring requires traffic sensory technologies. We tabulate various realistic traffic sensors which aim to address the technicalities of both point and mobile sensors and also increase the scope to prefer an optimal sensor for real time traffic data collection. The present analysis extracted data from Mobile Century experiment. The data obtained in the experiment was pre-processed successfully by applying data mining pre-processing techniques such as data transformation, normalization and integration. Finally as a result of the availability of pre-processed Global Position System (GPS) sensors trace data a road map has been generated.
KeywordsTraffic sensor Traffic flow GPS probe Data fusion Floating car Fleet management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Zhang, J., Fei, Y.W.: Data Driven in Intelligent Transportation System: A Survey. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation System 12(4) (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Kumar, P., Varun, S.: Advanced Traveller Information for Hyderabad City. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation System 6(1) (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Agarwal, V., Venkata, M.: A Cost-Effective Ultrasonic Sensor-Based Driver-Assistance System For Congestion Traffic Conditions. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation System 10(3) (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Ali, S.M., George, B., Vanajakshi, L.: An Efficient Multiple-Loop Sensor Configuration Applicable for Undisciplined Traffic. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation System 14(3) (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Leduc, G.: Road Traffic Data: Collection Methods and Applications. JRC Technical Notes, Joint Research Centre, European Commission (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Cheng, W., Cheng, X., Song, M., Chen, B., Zhao, W.W.: On the Design and Deployment of RFID Assisted Navigation Systems for VANET. IEEE Transaction on Parallel and Distributed System (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Vanajakshi, L., Subramanian, S.C.: Travel time prediction under heterogeneous traffic conditions using global positioning system data from buses. IET Intelligent Transportation Systems (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhu, Y., Li, Z.: A compressive sensing approach to urban traffic estimation with probe vehicles. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 12(11) (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Jiawei, H., Micheline, K.: Data mining: Concepts and Techniques, 2nd edn. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers (2006)Google Scholar