Fast and Not Furious
Two projects sequentially made planed and constructed of a wheelchair-low-cost and a car to run at the academic Gravity Racing Championship. The intention of them is provide to the Brazilian market a more durable and cheaper standard manual wheelchair and a racing car to access for a wheelchair and its driver. They were designed in CAD program for product engineering (modeling in 3 axis). The mechanical elements of movements were bought and retrofitted to the innovative structures. As the racing car was a 4 wheels model, the steering was inspired in the same used in kart models and the breaks and wheels were cycling components. The loading and unloading system was made by the driver without assistance of anyone (a ramp helps the person to load the wheelchair in the car and the person set the ramp up for safety). The car was not equipped with any propulsion equipment because the championship rules admit only the influence of gravity.
KeywordsWheelchair Mechanical Construction Racing Car for Wheelchair Vehicle for Wheelchair Mechanical Manufacturing Paraplegia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Associação Brasileira De Normas Técnicas. NBR 9050: Acessibilidade a edificações, mobiliário, espaços e equipamentos urbanos, Rio de Janeiro (2004) Google Scholar
- 2.ABNT. Associação Brasileira De Normas Técnicas. NBR 10004. Resíduos sólidos – Classificação, Rio de Janeiro (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Brasil. Coletânea da Legislação sobre os Direitos da Pessoa Portadora de Deficiência. 2. ed. revisada e atualizada, 240 p. SETASS, Campo Grande-MS (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Brasil. Constituição Da República. Capítulo III. Da educação, da cultura e do desporto. Seção I. Da educação Art. 205. Art. 206. Art. 208Google Scholar
- 5.Brasil. IBGE. Censo demográfico (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Cooper, R.A.: Wheelchair Selection and Configuration. Demos Medical Publishing, New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Gilsdorf, P., et al.: Sitting forces and wheelchair mechanics. Journal of Rehabilitation 27(3), 239–246 (1990)Google Scholar
- 8.Ribeiro, F.L.B.: Introdução ao Método dos Elementos Finitos. COPPE/UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Rodrigues, P.B., Silva, A.F.: Cadeiras de rodas manuais–Factores que influenciam a performance de uma cadeira de rodas, Lisboa (1994), http://www.inr.pt/download.php?filename=29+-+Cadeiras+de+rodas+manuais&file=%2Fuploads%2Fdocs%2FEdicoes%2FFolhetos%2FFolheto029.rtf (accessed in: December 19, 2013)