Intelligent Interface for Web Information Retrieval with Document Understanding
Web Based Information Retrieval (WBIR) is becoming an integral part of the daily activities of computer users. In the present computing world, people are highly accustomed to the use of web for acquiring any kind of information. However, retrieval of useful documents with high degree of relevance is an important problem. There is a need of an intelligent interface for WBIR to alleviate efforts of information seekers. In this paper, an intelligent interface for web based information retrieval with document understanding is proposed. The aim of intelligent interface for WBIR is to control the underlying information retrieval system, by directly interacting with the user, and allowing him to retrieve relevant information without the help of human intermediary. The interface helps users to formulate query by using Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques. Also, it is capable of retrieving documents with respect to order of relevance.
KeywordsWeb Based Information Retrieval Document understanding Natural Language Processing Intelligent Interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hourali, M., Montazer, G.A.: An Intelligent Information Retrieval Approach Based on Two Degrees of Uncertainty Fuzzy Ontology. Advances in Fuzzy Systems, vol. 2011, pp. 1–11. Hindawi Publishing CorporationGoogle Scholar
- 2.Mizzaro, S.: Intelligent Interfaces for Information Retrieval: A Review (May 1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Gajos, K., Kulkarni, A.: FIRE: An Information Retrieval Interface for Intelligent Environments. In: International Workshop on Information Presentation and Natural Multimodal Dialogue, IPNMD 2001, Verona, Italy (December 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Minnie, D., Srinivasan, S.: Meta Search Engine With An Intelligent Interface For Information Retrieval On Multiple Domains. International Journal of Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology (IJCSEIT) 1(4) (October 2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Kabassi, K., Virvou, M.: A Knowledge-Based Software Life-Cycle Framework for the Incorporation of Multicriteria Analysis in Intelligent User Interfaces. IEEE Transactions On Knowledge And Data Engineering 18(9) (September 2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Dhingra, V., Bhatia, K.K.: Towards Intelligent Information Retrieval on Web. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE) 3(4), 1721–1726 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Rabiah, A.K., Sembok, T.M.T., Halimah, B.Z.: Improvement of document understanding ability through the notion of answer literal expansion in logical-linguistic approach. WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications 6(6) (June 2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Aiello, M., Monz, C., Tororan, L., Worring, M.: Document Understanding for a Broad Class of Documents. International Journal on Document Analysis and RecognitionGoogle Scholar
- 11.Klink, S., Kieninger, T.: Rule Based Document Structure Understanding with a Fuzzy Combination of Layout and Textual Features. International Journal of Document Analysis and Recognition 4, 18–26Google Scholar
- 12.Duman, H.: An Intelligent Agent Approach for Visual Information structure Generation. IEEE Journal of Intelligent Systems 24(3), 23–29 (2009)Google Scholar