Some Results on Point Visibility Graphs
In this paper, we present two necessary conditions for recognizing point visibility graphs. We show that this recognition problem lies in PSPACE. We state new properties of point visibility graphs along with some known properties that are important in understanding point visibility graphs. For planar point visibility graphs, we present a complete characterization which leads to a linear time recognition and reconstruction algorithm.
KeywordsPlanar Graph Hamiltonian Cycle Recognition Problem Vertex Cover Maximum Clique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Canny, J.: Some algebraic and geometric computations in PSPACE. In: Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pp. 460–467 (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.de Berg, M., Cheong, O., Kreveld, M., Overmars, M.: Computational Geometry, Algorithms and Applications, 3rd edn. Springer (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Dujmovic, V., Eppstein, D., Suderman, M., Wood, D.R.: Drawings of planar graphs with few slopes and segments. In: Computational Geometry Theory and Applications, pp. 194–212 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Everett, H.: Visibility Graph Recognition. Ph. D. Thesis, University of Toronto, Toronto (January 1990)Google Scholar
- 8.Ghosh, S.K.: Visibility Algorithms in the Plane. Cambridge University Press (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Ghosh, S.K., Goswami, P.P.: Unsolved problems in visibility graphs of points, segments and polygons. ACM Computing Surveys 46(2), 22:1–22:29 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Ghosh, S.K., Roy, B.: Some results on point visibility graphs. arXiv:1209.2308 (September 2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Payne, M.S., Pór, A., Valtr, P., Wood, D.R.: On the connectivity of visibility graphs. arXiv:1106.3622v1 (June 2011)Google Scholar
- 15.Roy, B.: Recognizing point visibility graphs. Graduate School Project Report, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (May 2011)Google Scholar