- 1.1k Downloads
After the conceptual operationalisation and the methodological construction in the last two chapters, I will now move on to explore the socio-economic settings in which this research, particularly the fieldwork, was conducted. I have a strong belief in the importance of devoting a chapter to these settings, given that business landscape in China is considerably diversified and is often less accessible for outsiders who are unfamiliar with the local socio-economic evolution.
KeywordsGross Domestic Product Family Business Pearl River Delta Private Enterprise Chinese Communist Party
- Chinese Private Economy Research Society. (2011). Zhongguo jiazu qiye fazhan baogao (Chinese family business report). Beijing: CITIC Press.Google Scholar
- Du, W., & Gu, J. (Eds.). (1987). Zhongguo renkou: Jiangsu fence (Chinese population: The Jiangsu volume). Beijing: Chinese Finance and Economy Press.Google Scholar
- Fei, X. T., & Luo, H. X. (1988). Xiangzhen jingji bijiao moshi (A comparative model on township economy). Chongqing: Chongqing Press.Google Scholar
- Jacobs, J. B., & Hong, L. (1994). Shanghai and the lower Yangtze valley. In D. S. G. Goodman & G. Segal (Eds.), China deconstructions: Politics, trade and regionalism. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Jiangsu Provincial Statistic Bureau. (2013). Communiqué on Jiangsu’s economic and social development in 2012. Nanjing: Author. Retrieved from http://www.jssb.gov.cn/jsxxgk/xwyfb/sjgb/201303/U020130301390574261871.doc.
- Meng, Z., Qu, A., Che, B., Huang, Z., & Liu, Y. (2010). Study on the regional economic disparity in Jiangsu province in view of culture. Geographical Research, 29(8), 1379–1391.Google Scholar
- National Bureau of Statistics of China. (2009). Communiqué on major data of the second national economic census (No. 1). Beijing: Author. Retrieved from http://www.stats.gov.cn/english/newsandcomingevents/t20091225_402610168.htm.
- Oliveira, E., & Sarmento, L. (2003, July). Emotional advantage for adaptability and autonomy. Paper presented at the second International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Melbourne, Australia.Google Scholar
- Shan, S., Wang, T., & Jin, Q. (Eds.). (1986). Jiangsusheng dili (Geography of Jiangsu Province). Nanjing: Jiangsu Education Press.Google Scholar
- Veeck, G. (1995). Introduction. Chinese Environment and Development, 6(1–2), 5–8.Google Scholar
- Zhang, T. (Ed.). (1993). Jiangsusheng jingji dili (Economic geography of Jiangsu province). Beijing: Xinhua Press.Google Scholar