Power/Energy Generation and Lighting
Part of the Springer Theses book series (Springer Theses)
- 853 Downloads
An interesting trend in the energy consumption pattern and growth for Nepal’s non-renewable and renewable biogas and micro-hydro energy resources over the years 1990–2002 (presented in TJ (1012 J)), can be seen in Table 3.1
KeywordsHuman Development Index Global Solar Radiation Load Demand Village Electrification Village Development Committee
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Australian Standard, 1990. AS 3595-1990 Energy Management Programs—Guidelines for Financial Evaluation of a Project, available for purchase at: http://www.saiglobal.com/PDFTemp/Previews/OSH/As/as3000/3500/3595.pdf (accessed July 28, 2012).
- Basnyat, N. M. S. (2006). Nepal’s Umbilical Cord. Nepalnews, August 2006. http://samudaya.org/200608/nepals-umbilical-cord/ (accessed March 29, 2010, on July 20, 2012 not available anymore).
- Bhusal, P., Zahnd, A., Eloholma, M., & Halonen, L. (2007). Replacing fuel based lighting with light emitting diodes in developing countries: Energy and lighting in rural Nepali homes. LEUKOS, The Journal of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, 3(4), 277–291. http://www.iesna.org/leukos/Volume3/number4.cfm (accessed July 22, 2012).
- Blumenthaler, M., Ambach, W., & Ellinger, R. (1997). Increase in solar UV radiation with altitude. Elsevier, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology, Biology, 39, 130–134, Abstract available and paper to purchase at. doi:10.1016/S1011-1344(96)00018-8 (accessed July 28, 2012).Google Scholar
- CEN (Clean Energy Nepal). (2003). Kathmandu’s air quality, Kathmandu, Nepal.Google Scholar
- Choe, M. K., Thapa, S., & Irawati, S. A. (2001). Surveys show persistence of teenage marriage and childbearing in Indonesia and Nepal, Asia-Pacific Population & Policy, No. 58. http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/bitstream/10125/3893/1/p%26p058.pdf (accessed November 1, 2011).
- Craine, S. (2004). Technical and economic optimization of village electrification systems, MSc Eng. Dissertation, Curtin University WA, pages 9, 11, 14, 36.Google Scholar
- Energy Programs and Fisheries Division Department for Primary Industries and Energy. (1994). Saving Energy through Lighting Measurement. Energy Management Advisory Booklet, Australia Government Publishing Service, Canberra, pp. 4–6.Google Scholar
- Foster, R. E., Orozco, R. C., & Romero-Paredes Rubia, A. (1999). Lessons Learned from the Xcalak Village Hybrid System: A Seven Year Retrospective. ISES Solar World Congress, Jerusalem, Israel. http://solar.nmsu.edu/publications/lessons.pdf (accessed July 22, 2012).
- Goldemberg, J. (2000). World Energy Assessment: Energy and the Challenge of Sustainability, chapter 10: Rural Energy in Developing Countries, UNDP 2000, p. 380. http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/Environment%20and%20Energy/Sustainable%20Energy/wea%202000/chapter10.pdf (accessed July 23, 2012).
- Haddix, M. K., & Zahnd, A. (2007). Responses to innovation in an insecure environment: Participation rates in holistic community development schemes in the midst of the Maoist revolution in Nepal. Mountain Research & Development (MRD), 27(4), 302–307, November 2007. http://www.mrd-journal.org (accessed March 3, 2010), also available at: http://www.rids-nepal.org/index.php/Download_document/120_Responses_to_Innovation_in_an_Insecure_Environment_in_Rural_Nepal.html (accessed July 24, 2012).
- IEA (International Energy Association). (1999). Stand-Alone Photovoltaic Applications: Lessons Learned. IEA-PVPS Programme, Utrecht, The Netherlands, published by James & James, ISBN 1-873936-91-5, overview available at: http://openlibrary.org/books/OL8654509M/Stand-Alone_Photovoltaic_Applications (accessed July 20, 2012).
- IEA (2000). Analysis of Photovoltaic System: Report IEA-PVPS T2-01:2000. http://www.iea-pvps.org/products/download/rep2_01.pdf (accessed March 27, 2010, on November 1, 2011 not available any more).
- IEA (2002). Energy and poverty. Chapter13, World Energy Outlook.Google Scholar
- IEA (2007). Cost and Performance Trends in Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems and case Studies. Report IEA-PVPS T2-06:2007. http://www.iea-pvps.org/products/download/rep2_07.pdf (accessed March 25, 2010, on November 1, 2011 not available any more).
- IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission). (1998). Photovoltaic System Performance Monitoring—Guidelines for Measurement, Data exchange and Analyses, IEC 61724.Google Scholar
- ITDG (n.d.). Reducing exposure to indoor air pollution, ITDG publication, p. 14, http://www.itdg.org/docs/smoke/itdg%20smoke%20-%20part%203.pdf (accessed July 20, 2012).
- KIRDRC (Karnali Integrated Rural Development and Research Centre) (2002). Governance in the Karnali, an Exploratory Study. August 2002, Jumla, Nepal.Google Scholar
- Mayer, D., & Heidenrich, M. (2003). Performance analysis of stand-alone pv systems from a rational use of energy point of view. In Proceedings of the 3 rd World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, Osaka, Japan, 2003.Google Scholar
- NEA (Nepal Electricity Authority). (2009). A Year in Review—Fiscal Year 2008/2009, Annual Report, pages 9, 83–84, Kathmandu, Nepal. http://www.nea.org.np/reports/annualReports/YjqRDwQ9E3anrep09.pdf (accessed March 23, 2010, on November 1, 2011 not available any more).
- Nichia (2006). previously available at: http://www.nichia.com/about_nichia/2006/2006_122001.html.
- Reddy, A. K. N. (2000). Energy and Social Issues—World Energy Assessment: Energy and the Challenge of Sustainability, chapter 2, New York, United Nations Development Program (UNDP), pp. 39–60.Google Scholar
- Reinders, A. et al. (1999). Sukatani revisited: on the performance of nine-year-old solar home systems and street lighting systems in Indonesia. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Pergamon, pages 15, 25, 27, 28.Google Scholar
- Saghir, J. (2005). Energy and poverty: Myths, links, and policy issues. Energy Working Notes, World Bank: Energy and Mining Sector Board, No.4 May, 2005.Google Scholar
- Shakya, P. (2003). Air Pollution in Kathmandu Valley, Kathmandu Metropolitan City Office, pp. 4–5. http://www.unescap.org/esd/environment/kitakyushu/urban_air/city_report/kathmandu.pdf (accessed July 20, 2012).
- Smith, Nigel. (1997). Motors as generators for micro-hydro power. London: Intermediate Technology Publications.Google Scholar
- SolRC (Solar Radiation Calculator) (2001). SolRC version 1.3. (since end of 2010 access is only for registered users, accessed March 1, 2011, on November 1, 2011 not available any more).Google Scholar
- Tiwari, A. (2006). Recognise Remittances—Overseas earnings have saved us from collapsing altogether. Nepali Times, Issue #306, 14—20th July 2006. http://www.nepalitimes.com/issue/306/StrictlyBusiness/12156 (accessed March 29, 2010).
- UN (2011). Human Development Report 2011—Sustainability and Equity: A Better Future for All, p. 129. http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2011_EN_Complete.pdf (accessed July 24, 2012).
- UNDP (2005). Human Development Report 2005. United Nations Development Programme, New York: Oxford University Press. Technical notes 1.Google Scholar
- WEA (World Energy Assessment) (2000). Energy and the challenge of sustainability. New York: UNDP. http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/librarypage/environment-energy/sustainable_energy/world_energy_assessmentenergyandthechallengeofsustainability.html (accessed July 24, 2012).
- WECS (2003). Rural Energy-Pressure, State, Impacts and Responses. WECS Data-2, Chapter 3, Kathmandu, Nepal.Google Scholar
- World Bank (2010). The little Green Data Book. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development/The World Bank, page 153, ISBN: 978-0-8213-8245-5, 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20433, USA, http://www.semide.net/media_server/files/semide/topics/water-data/little-green-data-book-2010-world-bank/GreenDataBook2010_WorldBank.pdf (accessed July 24, 2012).
- Zahnd, A. (2004a). Case Study of a Solar Photovoltaic Elementary Lighting System for a Poor and Remote Mountain Village in Nepal, MSc RETs Dissertation, Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia. http://www.rids-nepal.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=2&Itemid=104 (accessed July 24, 2012) and http://www.rids-nepal.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=3&Itemid=104 (accessed July 24, 2012).
- Zahnd, A. (2004b). Handling (Managing, Administrating, Governing) Available Resources Responsibly—Case Study of a Renewable Energy Project with a Remote and Poor Mountain Village in the Nepal Himalayas. World Renewable Energy Congress VIII, Denver Colorado, USA, 28.8.–3.9. 2004, available at: http://www.rids-nepal.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=9&Itemid=104 (accessed July 24, 2012).
- Zahnd, A. (2005a). A holistic approach to community development. World Rivers Review, 20(1), 8–9,15 http://www.internationalrivers.org/files/WRR.V20.N1.pdf (accessed July 24, 2012).
- Zahnd, A. (2005b). Three research project reports published on their NEWS web site about the application of datataker’s DT80 and DT605 data loggers in the RIDS-Nepal Humla and Kathmandu University based research projects. May 2007 News dataTaker, PD189, PD190 News 2007 and AN34 January 2005 News. Melbourne, Australia. http://www.datataker.com/index.html (accessed November 1, 2011, July 24, 2012 not available any more). http://www.datataker.com/newsletters/sitemap_u1.html (accessed November 1, 2011, July 24, 2012 not available any more).
- Zahnd, A., & Kimber, H. M. (2005). Design of an Optimised PV System for a Remote Himalayan Village. ANZSES 2005, Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand, 28.11.–30.11.2005. http://www.rids-nepal.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=14&Itemid=104 (accessed July 24, 2012).
- Žukauskas, A. (2007). ENLIGHTING Project Lecture Series on Semiconductors and White LED. University of Vilnius, Lithuania, p. 86, 107, Kathmandu University. Nepal.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2013