Information Technology Model for Supporting Open Utility Market
- 922 Downloads
This article gives a brief description of a role that an Information technology has in one power system company that operates in an open utility market. When we consider open energy market, it is well known that Utility sector in European Union has already been liberalized and all the steps in joining that market are defined in legislatives. When it comes to IT role in such a company, IT plays a significant role in adopting to a new market. This work describes some of IT segments critical for achieving those goals, that have already been or will be implemented in public company for producing, distributing and supplying electrical energy in Bosnia and Herzegovina. As mentioned, some of IT projects have already been implemented in order to prepare the company for the upcoming open market. However, some information systems still need to be implemented, as a crucial for a competitive position of a company in a new market.
KeywordsCustomer information system Billing Customer relationship management Disaster recovery
- 1.Dr. Daniel Grote and Peter Fisher, Role of distributed system operator as a neutral promotor of open energy market, USAID, 2013.Google Scholar
- 2.Z. Sumic.(June 2013). Magic Quadrant for Utilities Customer Information Systems. [Online]. Available: www.gartner.com.
- 3.Study on implementing new Billing system, Public Company for producing and distributing electrical energy in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2013, pp. 9–25.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Maoz. (July 2013). Hypo cycle for CRM Customer Service and support. [Online]. Available:www.gartner.com.
- 5.Technical documentation on implementing new centralized Contact center and CRM, Public Company for producing and distributing electrical energy in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2013, pp. 52–55, 64, 73.Google Scholar