Medianeum: Gesture-Based Ergonomic Interaction
- 497 Downloads
The proposed Medianeum system consists in an interactive installation allowing general audiences to explore a timeline and access informational multimedia data such as texts, images and video.
Through a Microsoft Kinect depth sensor, users’ skeletons are captured and their gestures are tracked to interact with the data presented on a screen in an ergonomic way.
The graphical user interface is built upon ProcesSwing, our version of the Processing IDE embedded into a standard Swing Java GUI widget toolkit application, and the TimelineJS library from Vérité.co/Northwestern University, allowing to create online, personalized and interactive timelines that mash up historical events, sorted in definable categories.
Keywordstimeline Kinect ergonomics gestures interface interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.OpenNI library, http://www.openni.org
- 2.Processing: A java-based programming tool, http://www.processing.org
- 3.Numediart Institute/ UMONS, ProcesSwing, http://www.numediart.org/tools
- 4.KinVi 3D: A Kinect-Enabled Virtual Interface Gadget for Windows Control, http://www.kinvi3d.net/
- 5.Eclipse, SWT: The Standard Widget Toolkit, http://www.eclipse.org/swt/