A Game Theoretic Approach for Reliable Power Supply in Islanded DG Grids
Game theory applies mathematical models in deciding interactions among people and their outcome. Mixed strategy Nash equilibrium in general exists in every game with a finite set of actions. Correlated equilibrium is a new solution concept in game theory that is more general than Nash Equilibrium and can be formulated with more accuracy on solutions. In this paper a Correlated Equilibrium based control has been extended to an Islanded Microgrid structure which depicts that scenario in smart-grids when it is isolated from the main power supply during power scarcity. The game theory based control has been shown to perform exceedingly well for the islanded scenario considering multi-agent structure. The individual agents are segregated by a superagent as potential buyers and sellers.A novel problem formulation is proposed and a Constrained variant of a newly proposed Differential Evolution Algorithm, ADE-LbX has been used for solving the non linear optimization problem. The final outcome has shown that the overall utility or satisfaction of agents is maximized extensively after energy trading besides maintaining trade advantage for each agent.
KeywordsNash Equilibrium Smart Grid Potential Buyer Strategy Nash Equilibrium Correlate Equilibrium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Myerson, R.B.: Game Theory: Analysis of Conflict, p. 1. Harvard University Press (1991); Chapter-preview links, pp. vii–xi Google Scholar
- 2.Saad, W., Zhu, H., Poor, H.V., Basar, T.: Game-Theoretic Methods for the Smart Grid: An Overview of Microgrid Systems, Demand-Side Management, and Smart Grid Communications. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 29(5), 86–105 (2012), doi:10.1109/MSP.2012.2186410Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou, Q., Tesfatsion, L., Liu, C.-C., Chu, R.F., Sun, W.: A Nash approach to planning merchant transmission for renewable resource integration. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (99), 1, doi:10.1109/TPWRS.2012.2228239Google Scholar
- 9.Mukherjee, R., Debchoudhury, S., Kundu, R., Das, S., Suganthan, P.N.: Adaptive Differential Evolution with Locality based Crossover for Dynamic Optimization. In: 2013 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), June 20-23, pp. 63–70 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, J., Sanderson, A.C.: JADE: Self Adaptive Differential Evolution with Fast and Reliable Convergence Performance. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Com putation(CEC) (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Minhazul Islam, S.K., Das, S., Ghosh, S., Roy, S., Suganthan, P.N.: An Adaptive Differential Evolution Algorithm with Novel Mutation and Crossover Strategies for Global Numerical Optimization. IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics 42(2), 482–500 (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar