Intelligent Computation and Kinematics of 4-DOF SCARA Manipulator Using ANN and ANFIS
The inverse kinematics of manipulator comprises the computation required to find the joint angles for a given Cartesian position and orientation of the end effector. There is no unique solution for the inverse kinematics thus necessitating application of appropriate predictive models from the soft computing domain. Artificial neural network and adaptive neural fuzzy inference system techniques can be gainfully used to yield the desired results. This paper proposes structured artificial neural network (ANN) model and adaptive neural fuzzy inference system (ANFIS) to find the inverse kinematics solution of robot manipulator. The ANN model used is a multi-layered perceptron Neural Network (MLPNN). Wherein, gradient descent type of learning rules is applied. An attempt has been made to find the best ANFIS configuration for the problem. It is found that ANFIS gives better result and minimum error as compared to ANN.
KeywordsInverse Kinematics D-H Notations ANN ANFIS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Alavandar, S., Nigam, M.J.: Neuro-Fuzzy based Approach for Inverse Kinematics Solution of Industrial Robot Manipulators. Int. J. of Computers, Communications & Control 3, 224–234 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Olaru, A., et al.: Assisted Research and Optimization of the proper Neural Network Solving the Inverse Kinematics Problem. In: Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Optimization of the Robots and Manipulators (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Olaru, A., Olaru, S.: Optimization of the robots inverse kinematics results by using the Neural Network and LabView simulation. IPCSIT 13 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Jasim, W.M.: Solution of Inverse Kinematics for SCARA Manipulator Using Adative Neuro-Fuzzy Network. International Journal on Soft Computing (IJSC) 2, 4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Haykin, S.: Neural networks a comprehensive foundation (1994)Google Scholar