Simulated Annealing Based Real Power Loss Minimization Aspect for a Large Power Network
Real field power systems are suffering from the various problems since two decades passed. Among them one of the vital problems is the real power loss minimization issue. In this paper the said issue is tried to be solved utilizing one of the interesting meta-heuristic technique i.e., Simulated Annealing method. While solving the same, few control and state variables are controlled and monitored such that system parametric violations do not occur. Finally obtained results are compared with other reported technique which proves the effectiveness of the approached technique.
KeywordsReal power loss minimization Reactive power dispatch Voltage Stability Simulated Annealing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bansilal, D.T., Parthasarathy, K.: Optimal reactive power dispatch algorithm for voltage stability improvement. Electrical Power and Energy Systems 18(70), 461–468 (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Sadat, H.: Power system analysis, ch. 6. Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company limited (2008) (fourteenth reprint)Google Scholar
- 12.Talbi, E.G.: Metaheuristics from design to implementation, ch. 2, 3. John Wiley & Sons (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Power system test case archive (Decembar 2006), http://www.ww.washington.edu/research/pstca
- 19.Standard PSO 2007 (SPSO-07) on the Particle Swarm Central, Programs section (2007), http://www.particleswarm.info