Proficiency of Fuzzy Logic Controller for Stabilization of Rotary Inverted Pendulum based on LQR Mapping
- 1.4k Downloads
Stabilization of an inverted pendulum is one of the most appealing and conventional problem for control engineering. This system has extremely nonlinear representation and entirely unstable dynamics. The main idea of this research was to design control algorithms for the balancing of rotary inverted pendulum.
Research gives an idea about a convenient approach to implement a real-time control which harmonizes the pendulum in vertical-upright position. Two stabilization controllers, LQR (Linear Quadratic Regulator) and Fuzzy Logic were designed to deal with the non-linear characteristics of the system.
Outcome of both control methods commencing computer simulation are specified to illustrate the efficiency of these controllers. The projected intelligent hybrid controller is evaluated by means of the conventional controller and reliability is demonstrated. The results showed that fuzzy controller exhibit improved performance than LQR near the linearized region.
The paper widened the dynamical representation and initiates the implementation of the considered schemes comparatively.
Keywordsrotary inverted pendulum stabilization LQR fuzzy logic controller simulink
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Krishen, J., Becerra, V.M.: Efficient Fuzzy Control of a Rotary Inverted Pendulum Based on LQR Mapping. In: International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Germany (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Saber, R.O.: Nonlinear control of underactuated mechanical systems with application to robotics and aerospace vehicles. MIT (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Olfati-Saber, R.: Normal Forms for Underactuated Mechanical Systems with Symmetry. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 47(2) (2002) Google Scholar
- 5.Castro, N.R.C., Bustos, L.T.A., López, O.C.: Designing Type-1 Fuzzy Logic Controllers via Fuzzy Lyapunov Synthesis for Nonsmooth Mechanical Systems: The Perturbed Case. Computación y Sistemas 14(3), 283–293 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Brock, S.: Practical approach to fuzzy control of inverter pendulum (for inverter read inverted). In: IEEE Intl. Conf. Industrial Technology (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Y., Chen, Z., Xue, D., Xu, X.: Real-Time Controlling of Inverted Pendulum by Fuzzy Logic. In: International Conference on Automation and Logistics, Shenyang (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Passino, K.M., Yurkovich, S.: Fuzzy Control. Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc., California (1998), Cheu, L. (ed.)Google Scholar
- 12.Akhtaruzzaman, M., Shafie, A.A.: Modeling and Control of a Rotary Inverted Pendulum Using Various Methods, Comparative Assessment and Result Analysis. In: IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, China (2010)Google Scholar