Diagnosis for a class of non-differentially flat and Liouvillian systems
In this chapter, we tackle the diagnosis problem for non-differentially flat and Liouvillian systems by using the concept of differential transcendence degree of a differential field extension, as well as, we consider the algebraic observability concept of the variable which models the failure presence for the solvability of the diagnosis problem. The construction of a reduced-order uncertainty observer to estimate the fault variable is the main ingredient in our approach. Finally, we present a simulation example dealing with a ship in smooth landing to illustrate the effectiveness of the suggested approach.
KeywordsSuggested Approach Differential Algebraic Equation Algebraic Polynomial IEEE Proceeding Diagnosis Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Diop, M. Fliess (1991) Nonlinear, observability, identifiability and persistent trajectories. IEEE Proceedings 30th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC91, Brighton, England, 714-719.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Diop, R. Martínez-Guerra (2001) An algebraic and data derivative information approach to nonlinear system diagnosis. Proceedings European Control Conference (ECC01), Porto, Portugal, 2334-2339.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Diop, R. Martínez-Guerra (2001) On an algebraic and differential approach of nonlinear system diagnosis. IEEE Proceedings 40th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC01, Orlando, FL, 585-589.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Fliess (1991) Some remarks on gain scheduling. Proceedings European Control Conference, Grenoble, 177-181.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Martínez-Guerra, R. Garrido, A. Osorio-Mirón (2001) Parametric and state estimation by means of high-gain nonlinear observers: application to a bioreactor. Proceedings American Control Conference, ACC01, Arlington, Virginia, Washington, D.C., 38073808.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Martínez-Guerra, R. Garrido, A. Osorio-Mirón (2002) High-gain nonlinear observers for the fault detection problem: application to a bioreactor. Nonlinear Control Systems (Kurshanski & Fradkov eds.), Vol. 3. IFAC Publications, Elsevier Ltd Oxford, 1567-1572.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Martínez-Guerra, I.R. Ramirez-Palacios, E. Alvarad-Trejo (1998) On parametric and state estimation: application to a simple academic example. IEEE Proceedings 37th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC98, Tampa, FL, pp. 764765.Google Scholar
- 13.J.C. Victoria, R. Martínez-Guerra (2002) Nonlinear systems diagnosis: a differential algebraic approach. In Proc. Latinamerican Congress of Automatic Control CLCA02, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.Google Scholar