Fault diagnosis viewed as a left invertibility problem
This chapter deals with the fault diagnosis problem, some new properties are found using the left invertibility condition through the concept of differential output rank. Two schemes of nonlinear observers are used to estimate the fault signals for comparison purposes, one of these is a proportional reduced order observer (see Lemma 3.1) and the other is a sliding mode observer. The methodology is tested in a real time implementation of a three-tank system.
KeywordsFault Detection Fault Diagnosis Differential Algebra Transcendence Degree Tank System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Alcorta García, P. Frank P (1997) Deterministic nonlinear observer-based approaches to fault diagnosis: a survey. Control Eng. Pract., 5, 663–670.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Chen, R. Patton (1999) Robust model-based fault diagnosis for dynamic systems. Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Fliess, C. Join, H. Mounier (2005) An introduction to nonlinear fault diagnosis with an application to a congested internet router. Advances in Communication Control Networks, C. T. Abdallah, J. Chiasson (Eds), Lecture Notes, Conf. Inf. Sci., Springer, Berlin, 308, 327–343.Google Scholar
- 11.C. Join, H. Sira-Ramírez, M. Fliess (2005) Control of an uncertain three tank system via on-line parameter identification and fault detection. In Proc. of 16th Triennial World IFAC Conference (IFAC’05), Prague, Czech Republic.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Fliess (1988) Nonlinear Control Theory and Differential Algebra. In Modelling and Adaptive Control, Byrnes C. Kurzhanski A. (eds.). Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, 105, Springer, Berlin, 134–145.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Fliess, C. Join, H. Sira-Ramírez (2004) Robust residual generation for nonlinear fault diagnosis: an algebraic setting with examples. International Journal of Control, 14(77).Google Scholar
- 15.A.M. Nagy, B. Marx, G. Mourot, G. Schutz, J. Ragot (2009) State estimation of the three-tank system using a multiple model. In IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Shanghai, P.R. China, 7795–7800.Google Scholar
- 16.Amira DTS200: Laboratory setup three tank system, Amira Gmbh, Duisburgh, Germany, 1996.Google Scholar
- 20.H.K. Khalil (2002) Nonlinear Systems. Prentice Hall.Google Scholar