Threshold Voltage Modeling of Short-Channel DG MOSFETs with Non-Uniform Doping in the Vertical Direction
Two-dimensional (2D) modeling of threshold voltage of short-channel double-gate (DG) metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) with a vertical Gaussian-like doping profile is proposed in this paper. The parabolic approximation method has been used to solve the 2D Poisson’s equation to obtain the channel potential function of the device. The minimum surface potential thus obtained, has been used to model the threshold voltage of the device. Threshold voltage variations against channel length for different device parameters have been demonstrated. The validity of proposed model is shown by comparing the results with the numerical simulation data obtained by using the commercially available ATLASTM, a 2D device simulator from SILVACO.
KeywordsDouble-gate MOSFETs Gaussian-like doping Parabolic-approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.K.Suzuki,Y.Tanaka, H.Horie,Y.Arimoto, and T. Itoh, Solid-State Electron., 37, pp. 327-332, (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Lu, W.-Y. Lu, and Y. Taur, Semicond. Sci. Technol. 23, 015006 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Kim, J.G. Fossum, and C.-T. Chuang, Int. J. Electron, 91, 139 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.B. Agrawal, Comparative Scaling Opportunities of MOSFET Structures of Gigascale Integration (GSI), Ph.D. thesis, Rensselare Polytechnic Institute, (1994).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Munteanu, J. L. Autran, S. Harrison, K. Nehari, O. Tintori, and T.Skotnicki, Mol. Simul. 31, 831 (2005).Google Scholar
- 16.ATLAS: Silvaco International (2008).Google Scholar
- 17.P. K. Tiwari and S. Jit, J. nanoelectron. Optoelectron, 3, pp.576-583, (2011).Google Scholar
- 18.Sarvesh Dubey, Pramod Kumar Tiwari,and S.Jit, J. Appl. Phys, 108, 034518 (2010).Google Scholar
- 19.S. Bhattacherjee and A. Biswas, Semicond. Sci. Technol, 23, 015010 (2008).Google Scholar