A New Superjunction Power MOSFET with Oxide-Pillar-in-Drift Region
In this paper, we propose a new SJMOSFET with oxide pillar in its drift region that shows an improvement in its breakdown performance and relation between the Bv and Ron become more linear as compared to the conventional SJMOSFET due to a reduction in the vertical electric field. Simulations has been done using PISCES-II device simulator. The effect of oxide pillar width has also been done and analyzed.
KeywordsBreakdown voltage (Bv) On-resistance (Ron) SJMOSFET
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. J. Baliga, Power Semiconductor Devices, (PWS Publishing Co., Boston, 1996).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Fujihira, Jpn J Applied Physics, 36, 6254 (1997).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Fujihira and Y. Miyaska, Proc IEEE ISPSD, 423 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Lorenz, G. Deboy, A. Knapp and M. Marz, Proc IEEE ISPSD, 3 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.X. B. Chen and J. K. O. Sin, IEEE Trans on Electron Devices, 48, 344 (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.B. J. Daniel, C. D. Parikh and M. B. Patil, IEEE Trans on Electron Devices, 49, 916 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Hua Ye and Pradeep Haldar, IEEE Trans on Electron Devices, 55, 2246 (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.Pravin N Kondekar, International Conference on Microelectronics, 2010.Google Scholar
- 16.P. N. Kondekar, Dissertation on Simulation Studies of Super junction Power MOSFETs, (Dept. of EE, IIT-Bombay, Mumbai, 2002).Google Scholar