Gate Leakage Current Suppression in AlGaN/GaN HEMT by RTP Annealing
Ni/Au Schottky contacts to AlGaN/GaN HEMT were formed by E-beam evaporation technique and lift-off process. The contacts were Rapid thermal annealed at 300 °C for duration of 2–10 min. A significant suppression in gate leakage current was observed at 2 and 4 min annealing. At further higher annealing duration deterioration in the reverse gate characteristics was observed.
KeywordsNi/Au schottky contact Reverse leakage current SIMS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors extend thanks to Mr. Brajesh Yadav and Mr. S. K. Sharma for carrying out SIMS depth profiling. The authors are grateful to Dr. R. Muralidharan, Director, SSPL, Delhi for his guidance and permission to publish this work.
- 1.T. Nanjo, N. Miura, T. Oishi, M Suita and T. Jap. J of Applied Physics, 43 (4B), 1925(2004).Google Scholar
- 2.S.N Mohammad, Z. Fan, A.E. Botchkarev, W. Kim, H. Morkoc, Electronic Lett. 32, 598(1996).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Koyama, T. Hashizume, H. Hasegawa, Solid State Elect. 43, 1483, (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.K.N. Lee, X. A. Cao, C.R. Abernathy, S.J. Pearton, J.H. Van Hove, Solid State Elect., 44, 1203 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.N Chaturvedi, U Zeimer, J Würfl and G Tränkle. Semicond., Sci. Technol., 21, 175(2006).Google Scholar
- 7.LS Yu, QZ Liu, QJ Xing, D.J. Qiona, SS Lau, L.Redwing, J Appl. Phys., 84, 2099 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.J.D. Guo, FM Pan, MS Feng, RJ Guo, PF Chou, CY Chang, J. Appl. Phys., 80, 1623(1996).Google Scholar
- 9.N Yildrim, K Ejderha, A Turut, J. Appl. Phys., 108, 114506 (2010).Google Scholar